Discussion: Northam Mulled Party Switch In Aftermath Of Yearbook Picture

Cool! What are you waiting for? Time for your heroic redemption as an Independent.

13 Likes

LOL

I can think of no clearer message.

Please proceed, governor.

18 Likes

Yep Republicans will not only defend you, they will make you an example of the left “intolerance”.

20 Likes

I can empathize. The last three years have found me wanting to switch my national affiliation, from U.S. citizen to Costa Rican. Or New Zealander. Or Australian. Just find me someplace that has cable TV and toilet paper, I’m game.

13 Likes

Well he was a republician and voted for Bush before switching

13 Likes

I would have thought just internet would be enough.

2 Likes

Funny watching him jockey for position…

12 Likes

How is changing party affiliation going to stop the criticism of these pictures? Who is counseling this man? He seems to be spinning in the wind and obviously has no intentions of stepping down. He’s just looking for the piece of plank wood in the ocean to cling onto now

8 Likes

If you think that’s going to mollify your constituents–from any party–you’re in for a shock.

10 Likes

He thought his allies would give him the benefit of the doubt and be more hesitant to throw him over.

He still thinks that even after THAT presser?

lol. Some people cannot be helped.

7 Likes

Dude is turning out to be dumber than advertised. #whiteprivilegeknowsnobounds

*I am an old white guy

15 Likes

He needs to moonwalk his ass out of the governor’s mansion.

8 Likes

This is no joke. There are massive redistricting issues on the cards in VA. Not to mention crucial state elections in the fall, when Dem unity will be paramount.

Northam was a transparent mediocrity and opportunist from the beginning, one of those talentless rightwing, barely Democratic hacks whom the great and good (McAuliffe, in his case) imposed on the party faithful. That never ends well. I don’t know how many times we have to learn this lesson.

15 Likes

This is one of the few times that VA’s law limiting the Governor to one term makes sense.

9 Likes

Just for context, the guy did vote for GWB twice prior to getting into politics…so that also should be mentioned. Reverting back to being a supporter of the Republican party is not such a big leap for him after all. This only goes to show how truly despicable he can be. Clearly he sees himself untethered to the Democratic party ideologically and the policies and values that are make up its foundation. So to hell with him.

18 Likes

That would actually be a smart move, and the top comic moment of the year when repugs set their shoes on fire changing directions and declaring him pure as the driven snow.

7 Likes

The GOP ran some absolutely vicious ads against him during the election. They’ve also called for his resignation. He’ll go down the Independent route if he stays on.

2 Likes

Yeah, this actually isn’t surprising to me. I’m not sure what party he thinks he’s in, but it’s been clear throughout that he has no concept of what the Democratic Party is in 2019.

3 Likes

I thought that was among the first things he would consider when deciding how to handle this revelation if he truly understood their importance. But nope. Clearly it’s all about him.

5 Likes