Discussion: Nikki Haley Walks Back Her Critiques On Bush, Rubio Policies (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #244670

How smart can she be? She let herself get used by the RNC to do their dirty work. Didn’t she know she was kicking a hornet’s nest by not just reciting GOP talking points against Obama?

18 Likes

A beacon of bravery here, really.

8 Likes

Her chances of being selected as someone’s VP are slipping away by the minute. Oh well, there’s always the heavy drinking Governor of New Mexico.

ETA: Actually, I think Rubioboots wants to be Vice President. He would get his own plane, wouldn’t have any actual responsibilities and only have to show up in the Senate occasionally to break a tie.

22 Likes

Whoa. Someone put the fear of God in her and mighty quick too.

“Gov. Bush, he supported Common Core, certainly didn’t pass it, but supported it.”

And the quicksand just gets deeper. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I just love the smell of the GOP eating their own in the morning.

5 Likes

Typical cowardly Republican wilting in the glare of public scrutiny.
All of their convictions and ideas have $$$ attached.

5 Likes

Let’s have this empty pantsuit show up on something other than Fox.

Really, a GOTPer showing up on Fox should be completely ignored outside their bubble.

3 Likes

“And I don’t know what Common Core is, but it sounds Librul, so I therefore oppose it unconditionally.”

6 Likes

The brilliant Ms. Haley just said that “we’ve never in the history of this country passed any laws or done anything based on race or religion”. Yeah, she said that. I wish John Lewis would just walk up to her and spit in her goddamned face. It would probably be worth going to jail again like he did during the civil rights movement during the '60. But John Lewis, unlike irascible me, is a noble person, which is much more than I could ever say about that walking tower of gelatinous wombat shit Nikki Haley.

9 Likes

Oh dear, someone is afraid of losing her chance of being the 2016 VP candidate!

Why DOES the GOP hate Common Core? Are they just generally opposed to educating children?

3 Likes

Oh, and I apologize to my wombat fans. That insult was cruel and unnecessary. But Haley is still an insufferable asshole.

2 Likes

Because it’s government! It’s not local! The math is weird! Too much paperwork!

I think many conservatives used to be for it, tough standards, etc. but once Obama supported it it became toxic.

6 Likes

These are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.

18 Likes

eh … like the original remarks … fairly sane for a Republican governor with veep hopes … a bit of spin, but she’s a politician … expected

1 Like

Nikki Haley needs to remember that when you walk through the cow pasture you are bound to get some crap on your shoes. Hard to get it off.

2 Likes

Oh Mother of God! Nikki, you volunteered to be their fucking tool! Didn’t see no gun to your head!!

1 Like

Behold the power of the Twitter primary…

I think that little hotel episode did in her chances at being VP. And Haley seems to be going out of her way to burn bridges with all the top tier candidates right now.

This very strange republican primary might get even stranger when the eventual nominee gets around to selecting a VP…and finds everyone turning him down.

4 Likes