Discussion: Nielsen: No Indication Russia Targeting 2018 Election On Same 'Scale' As 2016

1 Like

Sure thing, Ilsa, it will be even biglier since Putin’s current PPuppet is heading for the exit.

23 Likes

Uh huh, no doubt. It will be much more refined and precise. Voters will hardly notice the foreign military power change of regime.

29 Likes

Babysnatcher Nielsen needs to learn what’s been happening in Maryland lately. 80K provisional ballots had to be given to primary voters last month because, oops!, their names didn’t make it from the DMV iinto a registration database managed by an outsourced firm owned by a Russian oligarch.

60 Likes

The U.S. homeland security secretary said on Saturday there are no signs that Russia is targeting this year’s midterm elections with the same “scale or scope” it targeted the 2016 presidential election.

While this statement may not be as chilling as her defense of this Administration’s family separation policy, it’s certainly as stupid. Please resign before your only options for dinner are going through drive-thrus with a mask on.

45 Likes

The only way to instill confidence that the system is secure it to take the issue seriously and make sure the system is really secure. Based on what is being reported in this article about Nielsen’s and Ashcroft’s takes on the Russian attacks, my feeling is Republicans like the current situation because they have been the beneficiaries of Putin’s efforts up till now. Unless the Republican party is totally in the tank that could change.

What the hell ever happened to being a patriotic American.

44 Likes

Russia Targeting 2018 Election On Same ‘Scale’ As 2016

Trump: Why the hell not?

18 Likes

You have to look first.

22 Likes

Good question.

As the last two Republican presidents were both illegitimately elected (George W. and Trump), I think they realize the only way for them to control the courts -probably their main goal from which all others policy outcomes flow -is to cheat. Patriotism be damned.

30 Likes

“…DMV into a registration database managed by an outsourced firm owned by a Russian oligarch…”

Do you have a source for this? If true, maybe TPM and the NY Times can write this up.

7 Likes

Just like 45, she’s talking off the top of her head, or, less charitably, out her ass. No evidence of hacking means no need for followup!

9 Likes

And what, dear Kirstjen, makes you think you have any competence or expertise in international counter-intelligence? You certainly have not demonstrated much of either in any other of your current endeavors.

24 Likes

Nielsen: No Indication Russia Targeting 2018 Election On Same ‘Scale’ As 2016
But we really don’t give a fuck because they’ll be on our side anyway

28 Likes

O yeah I believe this bitch.

No I don’t - she likes to put babies in cages.

38 Likes

Or rather not worried about the Russians in 2018 because this time around its not going to be outsourced.

I’m more worried about the increased effectiveness of an inside job by a group much more in tune with our culture.

4 Likes

Just guessing, but is it because Trump’s not on the ballot?

22 Likes

O bazinga - think you got it!

4 Likes

Sure. And no indication you’ve lost some children.

16 Likes

The Baltimore Sun. https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-election-russia-20180713-story,amp.html And WAPO today

19 Likes

Sorry, dear. You’ve been too busy chasing toddlers and trying to determine if Norway is white to have a clue.

Plus which if you says the sky is blue, we’d have to check.

Nor have you even noticed that we are losing our cultural heritage due to Trump.

13 Likes