Discussion: NH GOPer On Pearl-Wearing: ‘The Anti-Gun Folks Need To Get Over Themselves’

Anti-gun folks? What about the anti-pearl folks?

7 Likes

So Rep. John Burt, the bigly supporter of WDL, what’s in their program to defend women and children from a gun wielding spouse or father? You should know this, this is your group you’re defending.

13 Likes

Classic GOP political stunt and gaslighting.

17 Likes

Can’t we just pretend they’re making fun of Sarah Huckafuck Sanders? If anyone is devoted to her pearls, it’s that lying bitch. These woman that are fighting against gun violence don’t deserve this shit and everyone with an ounce of common decency knows that. SHS, on the other hand…feel free. Totally appropriate to go after someone like her, that lies to the American public on a daily basis while taking taxpayer money to do it. Her pearls are fair game.

8 Likes

And passive aggression with the pearl thing.

13 Likes

“Who does not want to protect their children?” Burt continued. “O ya, some anti-gun folks do not.”

Boy, he sure has their number. That’s right, they oppose putting military-grade weapons in the hands of civilians because secretly they want someone to come shoot up their kids’ school. About time someone had the guts to stand up to these parents who have lost children to suicide and murder.

13 Likes

When Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin and the Yippies engaged in stunts or public theater they served a larger social purpose to highlight important issues that needed to be addressed. However flawed as they were they never stooped like these legislators to the sad level of mocking victims of violent crime or families who had to deal with suicide.

8 Likes

NH GOPer On Pearl-Wearing: ‘The Anti-Gun Folks Need To Get Over Themselves’

I agree, you can never win by whining and complaining about people being disrespectful to you. Rip a page from the anti-abortion guys and start publishing the photos of the children bodies after a shooting, picketing gun shops, harassing the workers, that kind of stuff. Crying and feeling sorry for yourself, would not get you anywhere.

2 Likes

It is to support the Women’s Defense League and the good they do to train women to protect their children.”

Sure, sure. That’s totally believable. Totally.

3 Likes

Oyster Lives Matter!

4 Likes

As uptight GOP white guys, I’m guessing these guys didn’t have to borrow pearls from their wives. Just sayin’…

2 Likes

Tiny mens with tiny guns, and… pearl necklaces. Draw your own conclusions.

2 Likes

When I was a kid you had old-fashioned farmers who kept a bull around and every once in a while a drunk would go into the pasture and play matador. They usually got killed and there’d be a two-inch article about it in the paper. That’s what these guys remind me of. They’re mocking a political force they hadn’t ought to mock.

15 Likes

implied tough-guy talk: “Get over yourself or you’ll be shot.”

3 Likes

Public mansplaining never ends well.

9 Likes

I’m sure Rep. John Burt got his pearls from clenching his bullets so tight up his asshole. These fuckers need to get over their guns.

1 Like

Why aren’t they wearing bear fur too to remind us of the very real danger of bears in schools?

4 Likes

Where are these jerks’ wives or daughters? These guys are in serious need of adult supervision. Their mansplaining is as tiresome as demeaning.

3 Likes

A group of men wearing their anal beads to work.

2 Likes