Discussion: New York Post Cover Labels Shooting Suspects As 'MUSLIM KILLERS'

Discussion for article #243378

We know they have names from the middle east, but do we know they were Muslim?

Meh. Muslim killers in CA, Christian killers in CO.
Ho-hum.

4 Likes

Bush & Cheney were also Muslim killers.

Way bigger body count though.

20 Likes

Let the deflection from the real problem begin.
Ooooh my! Muslims! Foreign names! Gotta get that out there ASAP. Anything to muddy the issue.

Cue another ass full of thoughts and prayers from lawmakers who have no intention of taking any action on this.

Watch NRA lobbyists keep the CDC from responding to a plea from 2,000 physicians to at least study the epidemic. Fat effen chance. The NRA is not about to fall to the same tactics that led to restrictions on tobacco.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas for the gun industry. 187,000 background checks on Black Friday.

9 Likes

MUSLIM KILLERS!*

Who had free and legal access to weapons and body armor designed for war*

**Ignore this and let’s just focus on MUSLIM KILLERS!

11 Likes

Did they run a “CHRISTIAN KILLER” cover last week when Dear went on his religious/politically motivated killing rampage?

Fuck the Post editors in the ass with a rusty chainsaw. Hypocrites.

24 Likes

‘PRO-LIFE KILLER!’ would have been a real attention grabber.

13 Likes

I once tried to put a copy of the New York Post in the bottom of my parrot’s cage.
He just looked at me and said: “That would be redundant.”

11 Likes

Oh, the right’s going straight down the anti-Muslim overtly fascist storm sewer today. Names are all the “facts” they need and all they’ll acknowledge. Anything else will be a cover-up, a distraction and, oh yes, a big Obama plot to take their gunz away.

6 Likes

Muslim Killers!

Republicans probably love that headline, given that they want all Muslims dead, right?

I just wish there was a policy “plot” to take their guns away instead of it just being a tin foil conspiracy.

1 Like

So when will the NY Post run a similar tabloid cover when somebody like Dylan Roof goes off the rails again? The Post is making out all Muslims as guilty and that’s wrong. That’s guilt by religion.
Shameful all the way around.
edit
glad I don’t live in NYC and see that shit on corner news stands every goddam day.

3 Likes

Last week we learned a spree killer could be “deranged gentle loner” and this week we learn there is such a thing as “workplace terrorism”.

4 Likes

the media is frothing at the mouth at any possible ties to radicalized
Islam which is a legitimate concern but just a few days ago they paid little to
no attention to where and how the Planned parenthood shooter became radicalized

9 Likes

Is the Post another Rupert rag?

1 Like

Can’t seem to find THAT New York Post cover that says “Christian Killers!”

7 Likes

Yep.

Yes, and he prayed a lot, had taken a nice trip to Saudi Arabia for a month too. BUT it still has no relevance at this point. They are killers. Period. This in fact might be work related primarily, which would make religion moot. Much like the anti-religious guy who killed the Muslim people over the parking spots. The agenda was the parking spots, not the religion.

2 Likes

I live in NYC, and I just ignore the newstands. But also remember we have LOTS of excellent newspapers here in NYC. I would also note that the NY Post is available in most major cities in the US…unfortunately.