Discussion: New Republic Tweets 'F**k Me Daddy' At Trump Thanks To Patricia Lockwood

Funny thing. Thatā€™s what Drumpf makes Melanoma scream once a month. Itā€™s in the pre-nup. Six points larger than the rest of the document, in bold-face type.

4 Likes

i feel old

16 Likes

For a brief moment there ā€¦ I almost opened an account ā€”

2 Likes

i got an explanation in regards to those three words, but I donā€™t know if its the ā€˜Twittah machineā€™ at work or is it that idea that typing that is supposedly trolling.

3 Likes

I do too but Iā€™m OK with it in this instance. I envy the young their energy and so forth. I donā€™t especially feel left out because I donā€™t think itā€™s funny to tweet ā€œFuck me daddyā€ at the pope. Actually I always thought people who thought purely incongruous stuff like that was funny didnā€™t entirely understand humor in the first place.

6 Likes

Stupid move. This was just a publicity move. It hurts Progressives because it allows the media to run "both sides do it stories."I swear too many liberals are incredibly inept at media and public relations. Trump is such a train wreck there is no need to do this kind of thing.

When your opponent is shooting himself in the foot there is no reason to put your hand in the wayā€¦

9 Likes

Can someone younger and more hip explain to me why this is funny or noteworthy? Iā€™m at a loss here.

4 Likes

Uhmā€¦its definitely not in my wheelhouse either if thatā€™s what you mean.
Guess you had to be thereā€¦
ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

If I were her boss Iā€™d fire her. The justification that ā€œyoung peopleā€ are doing it on Twitter is more than a little pathetic.

Itā€™s just another instance of Trumpā€™s bizarre ability to drag others down into the effluent with him.

As for the seemingly incestuous nature of the Twitter memeā€”for fuckā€™s sake, weā€™ve got Trumpā€™s own creepy words about dating his daughter. Thatā€™s more than enough.

4 Likes

I second that. I read through the post 3 times, and I still donā€™t get who did what to who or why or what that was supposed to mean.

6 Likes

Hear, here, context is king in humor.

2 Likes

Yep. In the right context, the sentences ā€œI can speak English. I learn it from a bookā€ can be the funniest thing youā€™ve ever experienced:

8 Likes

Trust me, you feel much older when a girl says that to you live while in bed, then when she tweets it to you.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Donald wants his daughter Ivanka to tweet himā€¦ giggidy giggidy

2 Likes

I read it and assumed it was a crude troll referencing his comments about his daughter. I donā€™t use twitter, so i had no clue there was a meme at work.

1 Like

Iā€™m neither young nor hip, but i believe itā€™s sort of a picking-up-your-ice cream cone-by-the-ice cream type thing.

Iā€™ve heard this term before, but what is a ā€œverified Twitter accountā€ as opposed to just a Twitter account? I donā€™t follow Twitter, so most all of this stuff goes right over my head. Fuck me with a fork.

2 Likes

ā€¦but not a daddy, right?

2 Likes

ā€¦but not a daddy, right?

Whoa, whoa, letā€™s not get too hasty here. A Donald Daddy? ā€¦ Fuck me with a fork no! An older Channing Tatum-style Daddy ā€¦ well, I think you know the rest. :stuck_out_tongue: