Discussion: New EPA Chief Called Trump 'Bully,' 'Unsuccessful Businessman' in 2016

1 Like

The only rational question one can ask of such a person is : “Were you lying then, or are you lying now?”

21 Likes

Given that Wheeler is a climate change denying, anti-regulation coal lobbyist "the most comprehensive energy speech by a presidential candidate [he] had ever heard” wouldn’t have to be any more than a 40 minute rant to pave paradise and put up a parking lot.

28 Likes

I am sure his loyalty oath contains a few extra clauses.

7 Likes

19 Likes

“[A]s a businessman, he really hasn’t been that successful. He is a successful PR person, but not a businessman,” he wrote on Facebook in February 2016. “[H]e has more baggage then all of the other Republican candidates combined.”

“He is a bully,” he continued. “This alone should disqualify him from the White House.”

But then I heard him speak on energy, and I realized that his farts sound like angels singing and his ass tastes like ambrosia.

15 Likes

The first interview question for a position in the Trump administration: “Will you sell your soul to promote the President’s agenda?”

9 Likes

Wheeler appears to be “evil competent”.

I know Trumps loves the “evil”, but there’s no evidence he can tolerate the “competent”.

10 Likes

Who says conservatives can’t be bought???

2 Likes

Trump is transactional. If a celebrity or a politician criticizes him, to the point where his popularity with his base is threatened, he will savagely counterpunch. But if the same happens by a guy whose policies will win him points with the base, hey, we’re good, let bygones be bygones, there’s no need to relive the past or fret about the future.

2 Likes

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. There is money to be made.

I’m sure he will fold in his rear view mirrors and nestle his way up the Great Orange’s ass.

2 Likes

lying now - the being impressed when he didn’t use notes or a teleprompter was a dead giveaway

7 Likes

My first thought
Every good Republican hates Trump …
Until he gives them a cushy job

10 Likes

Yeah, who needs a teleprompter when you’re just free-associating conservative brain-farts and making shit up ?

ETA… I just walked by Trump Tower and there was a big “re-elect Trump” rally going on. There must have been at least 22 people there, and a woman on a bullhorn was talking about "how can Democrats support the FBI when they killed Martin Luther King? " There were also as many photo-bombers and anti-Trump folks around them, flashing pics of a pile of dog shit with a Trump wig and two eyes :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

14 Likes

So now we have a smart piece of crap destroying the EPA instead of dumb one. Thats not good.

15 Likes

Oh yes, “only the best.” (gag)

2 Likes

18 Likes

Like so many NeverTrumpers et al, these people suddenly change their opinion about someone overnight? Why? Is it really because, as one talking head recently said on MSNBC, they’re afraid of Trump’s Tweeting about them? Honestly, what damage does a Tweet do?

5 Likes

It’ll never be confined to a tweet from trumpp’s to his perceived opponent. His base, all rubes and no-information voters, will weigh in too all over social media, and depending on the issue, it’ll get uglier and dumber with each new blast. He’s done it before. He gives them a dog whistle and they run with it.

2 Likes