Discussion: Nevada Court Arraignment Of Bundy Brothers Goes Off The Rails

1 Like

Patriots? Only if that’s another name for sociopath. Jail will at least protect others from their violence.

58 Likes

This comes to mind, I know it’s only grifting that keeps them going.

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don’t fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don’t fence me in

Let me be by myself in the evenin’ breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don’t fence me in

Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies
On my cayuse, let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise

I want to ride to the ridge where the West commences
And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses
And I can’t look at hobbles and I can’t stand fences
Don’t fence me in

9 Likes

Sounds to me they need to add charges of contempt. Kind of how I feel about these rednecks as well.

49 Likes

Civil disobedience comes with consequences. If they have ever read Thoreau or Ghandi, then they would be aware of this. However, since they are only just a bunch of rednecks thinking this is the way to get free stuff, they probably aren’t seriously considering that part of the outcome of their escapade.

30 Likes

I find it interesting how some people seem to think the COTUS is akin to a crucifix presented against a vampire. They have no understanding of the document, and simply think by presenting it, it awards them or protects them. If any of them bothers to read it, without selectively ignoring whole passages, they’re going to be in for a shock.

58 Likes

Brats. And how do you deal with a brat? You put the kibosh on them. Clear the court, enter a plea and bring their attorneys to the bench. “if you or your clients show any further contempt for this court you’ll all go to jail” .

It’s the only way.

56 Likes

Oddly enough, what they want is privatization and they aren’t going to be the ones to get the land…they don’t have the money or a legitimate claim.

The companies that come in to strip all the minerals will get it and they will fence the Bundy’s out.

44 Likes

“Nuke’em, it’s the only way to be sure”

kudos to Ripley!

4 Likes

How much are the Bundys costing taxpayers?

10 Likes

I’m more interested in efforts to save their starving feral cattle…

42 Likes

Here’s a better example:
(to the tune of “The Brady Bunch”)

THE BUNDY RANCH

Here’s the story of a fearless rancher
Who was grazing herds of cattle on “his” land.
Never paid the grazing fees, said “why bother”,
I have the upper hand.

Here’s the story of a feckless Bureau,
Who were trying to make him pay his dues.
They were lawmen, bearing two court orders,
How could they ever lose?

Til’ the one day when the rancher met the Bureau,
And his armed militias really made them blanch.
So the Feds backed off, performing badly
That’s what happened on that day on Bundy Ranch.

On Bundy Ranch, On Bundy Ranch
That’s what happened on that day on Bundy Ranch.

12 Likes

Take the P5000 loader to them and pitch em across the parking lot.

3 Likes

“I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada,” Cliven Bundy said in a radio interview last Thursday. “I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing.”

Given that these clowns reject the existence of the U.S. government, using the Constitution—the very document that establishes the United States and its government—to justify their actions is a legal non sequitur.

Furthermore, covering themselves in “sovereign state of Nevada” language brings with it this inconvenient language, courtesy of Nevada’s own Constitution:

"All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted
for the protection, security and benefit of the people; and they have
the right to alter or reform the same whenever the public good may
require it. But the Paramount Allegiance of every citizen is due
to the Federal Government in the exercise of all its Constitutional
powers as the same have been or may be defined by the Supreme Court of
the United States; and no power exists in the people of this or
any other State of the Federal Union to dissolve their connection
therewith or perform any act tending to impair, subvert, or resist the
Supreme Authority of the government of the United States. The
Constitution of the United States confers full power on the Federal
Government to maintain and Perpetuate its existence, and whensoever any
portion of the States, or people thereof attempt to secede from the
Federal Union, or forcibly resist the Execution of its laws, the Federal
Government may, by warrant of the Constitution, employ armed force in
compelling obedience to its Authority."

In other words, these assholes don’t have the slightest legal defense under either U.S. federal or Nevada state law, and they fully deserve as lengthy a sentence as is possible under the sentencing guidelines. Not only that, the feds should also be taking a close look at that cretinous bimbo Michelle Fiore to determine whether she’s legally complicit in the planning and/or execution of the criminal occupation of the Malheur refuge.

73 Likes

If any of them bother to read it, they’re not going to comprehend it because it’s not written in 8th grade English. Need a bit of an education to decently understand formal legal documents.

15 Likes

“We really need to get these patriots released.” I don’t think they know what “patriots” means.

11 Likes

I’m still not sure how these guys garner conservative support. They’re trying to get land for nothing to use it for their own purposes. Wouldn’t that make them “takers” ?

28 Likes

add animal cruelty charges…

24 Likes

Wouldn’t that make them “takers” ?

“Taking” is perfectly justified if you’re white and use the code words “patriot” and “Jesus” enough times. If you’re a Mormon, you have extra-special taking rights conferred by the magic underwear.

23 Likes

“But… but… the courtroom flag has a gold fringe so this is a military tribunal! I am a civilian, a Free Man on the land, I am not subject to your drumhead court martial!”

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available