Discussion: NC State Sen. Becomes First GOPer To Oppose HB2 Amid Re-Election Fight

1 Like

Gee, surprise surprise! State discrimination and blind demonization of “other” people has consequences.

4 Likes

Marco Rubio of NC: I am against the Bill I voted for and will vote for it again.

3 Likes

Let’s put the brakes on and find a common solution that is the same as we have now, is probably more like it.

1 Like

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Bye,Bye.

"2017 NCAA Tournament games leaving North Carolina

By Jeremy Chisenhall
@JSChisenhall on Sep 13, 2016, 7:05a "

2 Likes

“I did not realize the consequences of this bill, that it would have worldwide consequences, and they just keep piling up,”

Like me not getting re-elected…

6 Likes

Shorter NC GOPer: I hate The LGBT, Blacks, Libs etc but I want to be re-elected damn it.

6 Likes

“It was just one more of those unintended consequences,” she said.

Please explain the intended consequences?? She’s simply trying to save her phony-baloney job. And I didn’t even get a “harrumph” out of her!

6 Likes

Maybe it’s just not a good idea to pass bills in one-day special sessions which are then signed by the governor the same day. Oh, how could anyone anticipate that?

3 Likes

Too little, too late. Your so-called solution - a middle-ground between common sense and this objectively terrible law - is codswallop. Repeal the damn thing, but oh wait, that would mean giving up all the goodies you promised to the Chamber of Commerce like the overriding of municipal minimum wages and the right to sue in state court.

Like Republicans who are suddenly comfortable with Trump again because his poll numbers aren’t so terrible, you’re only saying this because the Sword of Damocles is suddenly looking a bit more precarious than usual.

4 Likes

" because his poll numbers aren’t so terrible, "

So says the MSM,One day Hillary is up by 12 points next day they are neck and neck.Unreal.

2 Likes

Dimwitted GOP Demagogue: “I did not realize the consequences of this bill.”

The Hitchhiker’s Guide:

“Then there’s all sorts of stuff going on in Dimensions Thirteen through Twenty-Two that you really don’t want to know about…”

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing how all of a sudden republicans have their come to Jesus moments when things they do make them look bad?

7 Likes

I didn’t care when they came for the transsexuals or the blacks (voting rights) or gays(same sex marriage), but oh noes…now they’re coming for my reelection.

What to do…what to do? How about I shed my “principles” like a snake skin?

1 Like

I wonder if the Vogons could just build an intergalactic tunnel through the Old South and leave the rest of us alone.

There is no “Cary County” in NC. The town of Cary is located southwest of Raleigh and lies mostly in Wake County but spills over a little into Chatham County. Wake County is the same county Raleigh is in. I don’t know where her district is.

REALLY??? She doesn’t think the bill is WRONG, or that people are discriminated against…just that the state is suffering because people don’t buy their particular brand of BS? HONESTLY?

2 Likes

“I did not realize the consequences of this bill, that it would have worldwide consequences, and they just keep piling up,” Barringer told Raleigh TV station WRAL.

Well, just what were you expecting in the order of consequences? Suppress gay people and suppress wage growth? – Because those are two of the most odious portions of that bill … that you voted for.

“It was just one more of those unintended consequences,” she said. "Again, it’s reflecting wrong on the people of North Carolina. We are a people that have been together. We’re a people of innovation. We’re a people of inclusivity, not exclusivity. It’s giving the world, it’s giving the rest of the country, the wrong idea about North Carolina."

No. No. And, no. This bill reflects exactly what’s written in it – socially, it reflects perfectly what you voted for: Force trans folks to use the wrong public facility – by penalty of law; economically, it suppresses wages for those regions of the state that feel a higher minimum wage would be good for regional businesses and workers. H2 is a classic big government sticking its nose in local governmental affairs. So, please enumerate just what consequences are/were “unintended.” Thank you.

Oh, btw, the state deserved to lose those NCAA games. I’m sorry for Charlottes’s loss, but sometimes the only way to get the attention of a Republican is take away their money.

2 Likes

And their elected offices.

1 Like

fatYep – that one in particular. No elected office, no easy salary, no fat benefits, no ability to execute the wishes of your Orange Overloard.

1 Like