Discussion: NC Judge Charged With Offering 'Cases Of Beer' To FBI Officail As A Bribe

Discussion for article #242543

How stupid. Everyone knows you have to offer single malt Scotch to bribe the FBI.

Re: the photo chosen - Do they even sell German beer in N.C?

Sex with the judge’s plow horse wasn’t included?

1 Like

Evidently there is no requirement that elected judges know the law.

1 Like

The judge would never offer that. It’s a committed monogamous relationship.

2 Likes

Beck’s is about as German as Budweiser. Hell, it is Budweiser. It’s brewed by Anheuser-Busch!

1 Like

Yea I carried my chainsaw out to the end of that limb, just hoping for the best…

2 Likes

This really tells you all you need to know as to the level of sophistication of the NC Supreme Court.

Beer only works on the Secret Service.

And it’s a thin, pale imitation of the real thing. BTW if anyone wants to bribe me with a “couple cases” of beer it had best be Affligem Tripel or something similar. About $140 a case the last time I checked. I can’t afford it on my legal income, let’s put it that way.

Power corrupts.

I’m glad this happened. The judge should be removed from office and the officer commended. It’s pretty low-level, but nice to see someone in power being held accountable and good to hear the agent didn’t just go along, but carried out his full duty. It is confusing why he approached a federal agent and not a state agent.

1 Like

I believe the appropriate phrase you’re looking for is, “making love in a canoe.”

1 Like

It’s too soon for jokes about Beck’s. I only recently tasted one and said “WTF…” and found out what had happened. First imported beer I ever drank, always my preferred lager. A great, great loss for the world. Excuse me, I just…excuse me…

1 Like

Beck’s is being sued in a class action — and you’re invited to join! Here’s where to increase your income:

https://www.becksbeersettlement.com/Landing.aspx

Good to see. It’s sickening how many serious beers have been bought by these multinationals. The microbreweries make a lot of good beer but they tend not to make pilsener-style lagers—not what the hipsters clamor for.

1 Like

Most in NC think of Glenn when imbibing …