Discussion: NC GOPer Mark Harris Disregarded His Son's Warnings, Hired Dowless Anyway

1 Like

Despite of or because of those warnings? Did he see them as job qualifications?

21 Likes

Dear Bevis and Butthead…please note how this is done. Flipping is easy to do!

11 Likes

Harris wanted him inside the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in. Smarter thing to do would be pay him to do nothing. But then Harris probably would have lost.

21 Likes

This ought to speed things along to a resolution. OTOH, the guy’s a Republican, so he may be perfectly fine with calling his son a liar and continuing to profess that he knew nothing about Dowless, even though everyone else in NC seems to have know he was a crook and a cheat.

16 Likes

John Harris, a U.S. attorney in North Carolina’s Eastern District,

Wait a fucking minute, the same US DA’s office that declined to prosecute Dowless for his actions in the 2016 election is staffed by the son of one of the major party’s candidates?

29 Likes

Oedipal revenge.

3 Likes

According to the News and Observer, John Harris, a U.S. attorney in North Carolina’s Eastern District, realized that someone was “batching” (collecting and submitting a big group at once) absentee ballots in Bladen County during the 2016 Republican primaries, based on egregiously lopsided tallies.

Is he the same attorney responsible for looking into these issues but didn’t because he was looking for all the illegals?

It sounds like his dad heeded his “warnings” and knew exactly who to hire.

Cc @kate_riga

9 Likes

NC GOPer Mark Harris Disregarded His Son’s Warnings, Hired Dowless Anyway

Here, let me fix that headline.

NC GOPer Mark Harris hired Dowless gleefully after son’s warning

13 Likes

I’ve followed this story relatively closely living in NC, and that detail was totally new to me.

Crazy

10 Likes

NC GOPer Mark Harris Disregarded His Son’s Warnings, Hired Dowless Anyway

But Pastor Harris does not listen to anyone but Gawd, and the lord said nuthin’!

7 Likes

Per his linkedin page, John Harris has only been at the US Attorney’s Office since October 2018. He was in private practice before that.

So it’s not quite as crazy as it seemed at first glance

25 Likes

Thanks for that clarification. It also explains why he is truthful, rather than obfuscating - or worse - for Dad. Something about holding on to that new job.

9 Likes

Funny, I’m out in Oregon and I knew. But I’m a junkie. :blush:

Won’t Dowless be in trouble now after the hearing that just took place?!!

Have you seen any reporting on rhe DA’s choice not to investigate in 2017? I haven’t found much.

2 Likes

Here’s to hoping so.

And with less likelihood of happening - here’s to hoping that “voter fraud” becomes understood as election fraud - with this sordid mess as the bright shining example.

11 Likes

Et tu, John?

1 Like

It says something that I’m actually relieved to hear this.

6 Likes

That’s it right there.

Harris knew Dowless was a crook, knew what kind of crook he was, and was eager to have Dowless rig the election for him.

22 Likes