Discussion: NC Elections Board Effectively Tosses Most Of McCrory's Ballot Protests

The North Carolina state elections board on Monday directed county election boards to dismiss any ballot protests that questioned a voter's eligibility, effectively tossing most protests filed by Republicans.

I can live with that.

1 Like

[sad trombone]

Go sit on the potty in the sore loser bathroom, McCrory.

2 Likes

Neither did the Fourth Circuit. Judge Schroeder, who the Fourth Circuit reversed, on the other hand, bought it hook, line and sinker.

3 Likes

Duke Energy must be devastated. Don’t worry, Pat. Maybe they’ll hire you back.

1 Like

Duke Energy broke with their former employee during the anti-gay legislation brouhaha. Doubt they want their corporation associated with such an asshole.

1 Like

I am thoroughly confused by the ruling. Did they say that the eligibility “protests” don’t count unless they would affect the state-wide result? Isn’t that effectively the same as counting the protests?

Rule number one. Never Ever do anything to hurt collegiate sports in North Carolina. Taking those championship games away hurt big time. If you think Republican vs. Democratic rivalries are bad, think NC State, Carolina, and Duke rivalries.

McCrory has learned this the hard way. Good bye and good riddance to his potty bill. People of all kinds will now feel free to pee where ever it gives us comfort in North Carolina.

4 Likes

Yeah, someone tell Kellyanne about the sore loser cry babies in her Party. Mixed messages from the GOP to the world.

Yeah…he’s a Dubya appointee and therefore in on the game of trying to ram through judicial decisions that institutionalize the cooked-up excuses spoonfed to the GOP/Teatrolls in control of red states by fuckers like ALEC, Heritage, Judicial Watch, et al. I think “it’s not racism because it was politically motivated and just coincidentally happened to target minorities” was also tried in the TX cases before the 5th Circuit over their blatantly racist redistricting, wasn’t it? They’ve been itching to try that one for a long time and Roberts is just the type to help them with it given his views on affirmative action, etc. The idea that “it’s not racism if you’re targeting minorities because of the way they vote, not because of their race”, is fucking absurd, but I guarantee you the SCOTUS picks they ram through after destroying the filibuster are going to be itching for the chance to help make that the law.

Super-majority in the Legislature, and frankly, the Legislative leaders always hated “Mayor Pat” anyway. They rightly found him to be a freaking moron. It’s not like Roy Cooper is some sort of screaming radical (from THEIR perspective), anyway. 95% of the power is something they can live with.

This is not a clear cut as it seems. As long as he continues to hold up the early votes in Durham he can argue that he has a majority of the votes. For every 1 vote for McCory there were 4 for Cooper. The city and the county have a large number of minority voters so he nor the GOP care about the optics of the situation. Woodhouse’s word is worthless.

marveling that crazy McCrory has not called out the NC National Guard to confiscated all ballots for “safekeeping” in preparation for a “recount”

1 Like

Actually, it appears that is getting tossed out the window by the federal courts too. NC has been ordered to redraw their maps by March 2017 and to hold special elections for all State legislative seats based on the new maps in November.

They will probably hold the majority, but will lose the super majority necessary to override vetos.

2 Likes

But at the end of the day, there are term limits. So, he can’t have the job forever. Getting this worked up over not having the position anymore is tantamount to throwing a childish temper tantrum. It’s just so pathetic.

What he’s probably missing is that this is Karma for that mess with the river pollution. Actions have consequences.

Watch him fight this all the way to the Supreme Court!

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, protecting little girls in bathrooms are all winning issues, right? Wrong! They are symptoms of weakness and corruption. Bye bye McCrory.

Actually I don’t think he’s really that bigoted, just his fellow legislator and what he thought the majority of NC voters wanted. Serves him right though.

The NC Democratic Party could screw up a two-car parade, so I wouldn’t assume too much…

Looks like McC gonna be a one-term governor. Ha ha ha

I think you do Judge Schroeder a disservice. Politically, I put him down as the kind who like to believe there’s still such a thing as moderate Republicans. The Fourth Circuit politely, but categorically, rejected his reasoning and understanding of the law in the voter id case, but the thing is, he shows every sign of having actually learned from the opinion and accepted its lessons and reasoning. Which is why he just signed off on a really tough order requiring the General Assembly to redraw 28 General Assembly districts that were racially gerrymandered and hold extraordinary special elections to fill them next year(!)

There are two kinds of judges when it comes to appellate stuff. There are the ones who take being reversed as a direct and personal insult, an assault on them, their intellect, the work they did, and their very sense of self, who then proceed to take it out on the lawyers who got them reversed and their clients, and their are the ones who say “I take great comfort in knowing there’s a court of appeals looking over my shoulder because knowing someone is there to fix it if I screw up lets me get on with my job without losing my mind over it.” And I think Schroeder is basically of the latter variety. (Judge Eagles and Judge Wynn are Obama appointees.)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available