Discussion: National Dems' Attacks On Progressive Signal Aggressive Posture For Primaries

Most of it is also information that her opponents in the primary already had but had elected to make no use of for some reason. Maybe they’re just idiots? I doubt it.

Until the DLC faction is finally flushed from the party, this kind of crap is just going to keep happening.

1 Like

And again I ask: Why would you want information like this to be left available for the Republicans to expose? Why would you want people deciding ‘the voters don’t need to know [ANY given candidate] is potentially corrupt and open to blackmail’?

1 Like

Why was it OK for Ossoff to live outside his district?

1 Like

Guess DIMS would rather have a DINO than a Progressive. It is all about winning, the hell with how/what the win actually means.

1 Like

Ditto, the constant, constant more, more, more, first $3 then come back for $5, soon it is $15, then $25, then $50 never satisfied… now don’t get me started on the 3, 5, 15, 25 daily emails, even asking to be dropped seems to last at most 2 or 3 days then back at it…

1 Like

The DCCC owes her an apology because their blurb was pure and simple a hit piece:
https://dccc.org/races/laura-moser/

While the DSCC is perfectly within its acceptable purview to stress her ‘problems’ concerning her residency, (Ossoff anyone) the piece lacks balance and doesn’t include factors that make her an acceptable candidate. They are not informing voters they are steering voters. For example, that she uses political contributions to pay her husband’s firm implies that he is less than competent to get paid for his work. It would be important to democratic voters to know that he was a political consultant for the Obama administration; which to my mind strengthens her bona fides to be a candidate in a Democratic primary.

1 Like

This is true as long as we pretend every minority group and women aren’t among the working class.

1 Like

The DCCC wants to provide voters with more information in order to make a better informed choice. Others are angry that the DCCC is providing that information instead of letting voters remain in the dark. It really doesn’t sound to me like it’s the DNC that is having trouble trusting voters…

Residents of Paris Texas are certainly not lacking in a sense of humor about their plight:

How you gonna keep em down on the farm after they’ve seen DC?

That’s not “honest”. That’s stupid. If you are hated in a certain part of the country, do NOT get the national media crowing about the fact that you barged into a local race and dissed a candidate from your own party. Hand the compromising information quietly over to the local Democrats, and let them deal with it. The DCCC people were quoted, nationally, as saying they are being jerks, and are proud of it, remember? They’d rather be jerks than losers, and they are actually both.

DUMB

1 Like

If it is that weak of tea, it should not cause not her much trouble in the primary.

This is one of the things that a primary is for: to get the information out there and see who is the strongest candidate. Doesn’t always work well. Too fierce a battle and all the candidates end up damaged. Too weak a battle the information does not get out but the opposition uses it in the general.

I don’t know any more about this race than what I have read on line so I am not in a position to really criticize the DCCC on this one, but the DCCC needs to realize that the energy in the Democratic party is on the left end of the spectrum. They cleave to old time moderates and conservatives at their peril. I watched one state move red as old time Democrats tried to hold on. The current situation demands Democrats find and elect young blood even if it is idealistic.

3 Likes

Nope they are not idiots. When you use opposition research in a primary, you are apt to make that person’s supporters very angry which can cause you trouble in the general. They’d rather let the DCCC take the heat. Particularly if they are not sure whether that person and their supporters see purity as more important than advancing the policies of the Democratic Party over those of the Republican Party.

The idiot giving an idiotic quote is a separate issue from ‘put this info out y/n?’.

And if you hand the information over to local Dems, and they sit on it, you’re ok with that? You’re ok with the voters being kept ignorant as long as it’s the local Democrats who are being dishonest?

You have relevant information that may impact how people vote. The information is true. You have an obligation to make sure voters are informed. Additionally, as ajm points out: the DCCC is already despised by many voters. So they put this info out. The voters get mad at ‘Washington’, at the DCCC. If one of those local Dems puts it out, who do Moser’s people get mad at?

If there’s going to be fallout, let the negatives hit the national organization. Let the locals stay happy with the locals.

1 Like

Because by plugging the good candidates, the DCCC risks giving them the kiss of death.

Had the DCCC barged down to VA and screamed to high heaven that Rapey Roy was evil prior to that special election, the election would have stayed national tribal and Doug Jones would have lost.

But they didn’t. They shut up, invisibly supported Jones, and left the local Democrats alone and completely in charge. Jones won because they kept the criticism of Roy LOCAL. This TX candidate can only be successfuly criticized locally. Everything else has the potential to make things worse.

2 Likes

This is my district. I think Moser is one of 3 strong candidates (the one who has raised the most money does not actually live in the district, so I am not counting him, since this would be a clear liability) out of a total of 7. There will almost certainly be a runoff between the top 2, and - at minimum - the DCCC should have waited until after the primary to see whether Moser makes it into the runoff. Local Democrats are furious at the DCCC, and some I know who were undecided are now planning to vote for her. I’m not one of them - although I agree with her positions, I also agree w/ the DCCC’s conclusion that she is a weaker candidate for the general election. But this was a stupid, ham- handed move that tarnishes the other top candidates (as “Washington’s choice”, ironically), as well as Moser herself. Democrats shoot selves in foot - film at 11.

3 Likes

Primary is the first electoral test. I think this if we had nominated so and so instead is BS with a few exceptioms. If you can’t win the primary chances are you are not going to win the General Election.

BINGO

That’s for the update from the “field”

This is hardly an exercise in heroically informing the public. And they quite obviously do not simply provide information but characterize it in a certain way, and throw in some opinionating about the candidate being “establishment” and not going to change Washington.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available