Discussion: Nadler Still Wants Mueller To Testify On TV To Gin Up Public Impeachment Support

He sure went out of his way, didn’t he. I mean its just a word and not even an I-word in the same class as Idiot, Imbecile, Infantile, Immature, Ineffective and Impotent.

1 Like

And Mueller’s press conference came with almost no notice and consequently, many people probably missed it, at least watching it live.

There is nothing like scheduled, live testimony on national television to rivet the public’s (and media’s) attention. I suspect it would be galvanizing and put us firmly on the road to impeachment. After all, calls for Trump’s impeachment have already increased after Mueller’s relatively brief statement. Mueller would be Trump’s nightmare - a stately, courtly gentleman the public would find eminently credible.

5 Likes
5 Likes

“Gin up” is what Ghouli and Hannity do. It works with morons, imbeciles and crypt-dwellers.

2 Likes

Nope he is gone, had the retirement party and split effective May 11.

1 Like

Overall, I agree with you on the urgency. I’m not trying to justify Mueller not testifying, I’m trying to explain it via the public record of who he is. But, regarding whether he is or is not “the man who he was said to be,” that all depends on who is doing the saying and what they said. He was never going to be someone who would agree with you that Trump is an “aspiring fascist.” And I’m sure that he understands that sometimes, regrettably, criminals evade the law. So I don’t see him seeing either of those two things as sufficient motivations to testify if he feels like doing so voluntarily would weaken the report itself by making him more easily cast as a partisan actor. And I think that’s a real concern. But I also think that he’s overestimating the abstract power of a report that people aren’t reading, so I think that he should testify. But since it looks like he won’t voluntarily, its up to Nadler to subpoena him.

3 Likes

Oops, overlooked that. Did he get a Timex for his years of servicing the GOP?

So far, Justin Amash is the member of Congress who has done the best job explaining what’s in the report.

Nadler wants Mueller himself to do it.

Maybe our side could give it a shot instead of relying on republicans.

4 Likes

Loaded headline language here, TPM. “Gin up” sounds like “artificially inflate” or “manipulate.” Don’t see you use that language all that often with Trump and Graham, et al., and don’t want to see you use it on Nadler when he is facing a wall of resistance in the WH, the GOP, some of the media, some of the public, and even his own party. “Build” is reasonable, but not “gin up.” Again, “gin up” is loaded and negatively so.

6 Likes

If I were to construct a hearing schedule for the Dems, it would go like this (btw, they should’ve been doing this much earlier).

Group 1 - The Prosecutors/Investigators:

Robert Mueller
Andrew Weissman
Greg Andres
Zainab Ahmad
James Quarles
Brandon Von Grack
Jeannie Rhee
1-2 FBI agents that assisted Mueller

Group 2 - The ‘Oranges’ of the Investigation (the friendlies)

James Comey
Andrew McCabe
Peter Strzok
Lisa Page
James Baker
John Brennan
James Clapper
Stephen Halper
Dana Boente

Group 3 - Russia Cyberwar/Intel experts

Christopher Steele
Clinton Watts
Glenn Simpson
(Brennan/Clapper)
Other nat sec experts from Obama era

Group 4 - The Rasputin

Rod Rosenstein

Group 5 - Obstruction Witnesses (WH phase)

Don McGahn
Hope Hicks
Reince Priebus
Chris Christie
Steve Bannon
Rudy Giuliani
Ty Cobb
Uttam Dhillon
Rob Porter
Josh Raffel
Jeff Sessions
Matt Whitaker
Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Sean Spicer
Dan Coats
John Dowd

Group 6 - The Trump Campaign

Rick Gates
George Papadopoulos
Corey Lewandowski
Jeff Sessions
Carter Page
Steve Bannon

Group 7 - Russian/Wikileaks Connected Rat F***ers

Felix Sater
Dmitri Simes
Erik Prince
George Nader
Sam Patten
Ted Malloch
Petr Aven
Rob Goldstone
Ike Kaveladze
Rinat Akmetshin
Jerome Corsi
Randy Credico
Mariia Butina
Someone connected to Peter Smith

Group 8 - Transition and Administration

Michael Flynn
KT McFarland
Michael Ledeen
Mike Pence

Group 9 - The Family & Businesses

Michael Cohen
Donald Trump Jr
Ivanka Trump
Eric Trump
Alan Weisselberg
The bodyguard
Rhona Graff

Among others.

6 Likes

Not being able to exonerate someone is quite different from saying they are guilty.

Mueller stated a number of things. Here’s one:

We concluded that we would not reach a determination, one way or the other, about whether the president committed a crime.

Makes crystal-clear that his statement was not tantamount to declaring that Trump committed a crime.

So that’s that.

But then he also said the following:

If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state.

In other words: “The evidence we were able to recover prevented us from concluding that Trump hadn’t committed a crime.”

7 Likes

Maybe, but in this case and at this point, it’s a ridiculous concern.

3 Likes

Even if all Mueller does is read highlights from the report, get it on TV. It adds weight and attention. Very few people actually read the report but, many will watch Mueller talk about it on TV.

5 Likes

Great. Let’s see that subpoena then.

1 Like

True, but it has been good to me for a bit. Lulling me into a false sense of complacency.

What happened this round was a comment that I completed, once sent, was revealed to still exist in as a work in process and back stepped from my final posting. Then I also discovered the back stepped version had posted as well. Confused the heck out of me.

The comment system nothing less than creative at times.

1 Like

Exactly.

Adjust your snark meter. I know there very likely going as fast as they can.

3 Likes

One very good way to “win over the American people” would be to *start impeachment proceedings.*The evidence publicly revealed would be more than adequate to persuade anyone who isn’t a treacherous republican that Fake President Trump belongs in jail.

And stop allowing repugs to bully them.

1 Like

They’ll look like fools when Lindsey Graham subpoenas Mueller first.

3 Likes

The US Constitution says to impeach High Crimes and Misdemeanors, not have a dialog with the people.

The whole reason we elect senators and representatives is to run and protect the country as the Constitution directs, not to chit-chat with us (aka: don’t do their job until poll results say its safe).

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available