Discussion: Nadler Says He Needs More Answers From Whitaker And May Issue Subpoena

2 Likes

hell yeah, subpoena that jerk. get him under oath and up on charges.

20 Likes

By all accounts he actively lobbied for the job based on his animus toward the special counsel investigation. So yes, it’s not credible that they never talked about it. So let’s have it one more time, from the top, Chrome Dome.

46 Likes

Nadler and everyone else with a functioning brain stem knew how today would go. This was a foregone conclusion.

I appreciate that Nadler was willing to let the subpoena thing go for a day and have the opportunity to show what a chuklehead Whitaker is.

Now make with the subpoena.

Basically put the administration on notice that you get one chance to testify if not it gets real quick…

34 Likes

Subpoena him. These questions are simple and very critical

13 Likes

“Ask not for whom the hammer slams down upon; it slams down upon thee, mofo!”

(I cannot definitively say that John Donne ever wrote those words, but I’ll bet my perfect Michelangelo-sculpted ass he would if he were around today!)

9 Likes

I think today’s hearing proved the Dems successfully stymied Whitaker from interfering in the investigation. A follow-up and subpoena are necessary to let every would be hack out there, including the new incoming AG, understand that every action is subject to scrutiny.

44 Likes

"“You owe us…I fully intend to call you back for an interview, under subpoena if necessary and I expect more answers at that time.”

/MicDrop

32 Likes

Gee, who would have guessed Nadler would find a way to get his sixth minute?

16 Likes

But…but…but…they “caved”! (H/T: Doug Collins, R. - Dumbfuckistan)

12 Likes

I believe Donne used “Crackre” rather than Mofo.

5 Likes

Whitaker definitely needs to handed a subpoena and an appointment real soon to sit again right where he was today.
plus that guy that hassled Nadler all day needs to be taken out back and beat the living hell out of him.
but that is just my thoughts.

9 Likes

Trump chose a skeevy grifting numbskull to run the most powerful law enforcement entity in the land.

We need him on record answering the simple questions that explain why.

12 Likes

The gentleman from Maryland does not fuck around.

21 Likes

Is that near Redneckistan?

9 Likes

Nadler has some bigly nads…

9 Likes

Yes. if you thought he did a bad job, you were watching a different hearing than I was.

13 Likes

It isn’t enough to get power. You have to use it once you get it.

Whitaker should been subpoenaed yesterday. These sternly written letters and verbal admonishions have got to stop.

Power is the only thing the Republicans understand. I wish the Democrats were not so afraid to use it.

9 Likes

Should’ve subpoenaed him this time.

And I get it, some bobbleheads and what not will be out there saying “oh, well, this actually helps because he let him act all evasive on the record and thereby helped make the case for enforcement of a subpoena”, but I think it was largely unnecessary in this instance and resulted in unnecessary delay. Do these fucking people think we have all the time in the world? The country is being slowly destroyed day by day by this administration and its henchman. THAT is the biggest national emergency we face at the moment.

7 Likes

If they had subpoenaed him yesterday, he would not have shown up today, and it would have gone into a legal fight, kicking the can down the road (and possibly delaying it until after Barr was in). There would have been no hearing today, and possibly not for weeks at least.

Getting him on the record and on camera as being evasive about all sorts of things IS that demonstration of power. Everyone knows how to read the “yes” into his refusal to respond to a question about whether he’s been talking to Trump about the investigation.

They are doing the right approach with hostile witnesses.

37 Likes