Discussion: Mulvaney: ‘Other' Factors Besides Price Led To Military Parade Cancellation

1 Like

Surely it wasn’t cancelled because they figured out there was only one person in the country that thought it was a good idea.

60 Likes

Bullshit, you bullshitter. It seems clear the DOD leaked the fast-rising cost figures and shortly thereafter the department and the White House agreed to “postpone” the event for some time next year, possibly on or about the 12th of Never. This may have been an outgrowth of a general belief that the idea was stupid in the first place. But keep slinging it and blaming the dark folks, Mulvaney, that’s what you punks are good at.

52 Likes

You mean like the fact that it was a colossally bad idea?

28 Likes

“Other factors,” yeah. Like somebody finally figured out what a colossally stupid idea this was in the first place.

26 Likes

"I imagine I would have been in the room when that decision was made, and I wasn’t,” Mulvaney told Fox

I wonder how many more decisions Mulvaney has missed because he’s been too busy dismantling the CFPB.

You heard it here folks: pillaging ain’t easy.

35 Likes

But why would he even chime in? All this does is make the Administration look even more incompetent and chaotic. Is he concerned that he will look bad if a $$ issue doesn’t involve him somehow? And hinting at “other factors” without knowing what they are just makes him look like an out-of-the-loop ass trying to save face, somehow. How bewildering.

32 Likes

Go VoteVets!

6 Likes

Trump really, really wanted tanks. So that was a problem for him.

His idea to launch a couple of nuclear armed missiles with no guidance devices as the parade finale was a problem for DoD and just about everybody else.

13 Likes

“If the parade had been canceled purely for fiscal reasons, I imagine I would have been in the room when that decision was made, and I wasn’t,” Mulvaney told Fox News

Yeah, Mulvaney was in the can when this was decided.

5 Likes

I heard it was cancelled because the Russian military is going to be otherwise occupied in Estonia.

Is that the truth…not the truth…surely it’s no matter. And if there’s no truth, can there really be “fake news”?

13 Likes

Yeah—he has to make his presence known, wave his hand from the back row and announce that he imagines he would be in the room if it were canceled for money reasons. Except it wasn’t a budget issue, it was an optics issue. You spend a hundred million bucks on this idiocy and service families are getting food stamps? It would humiliate everyone involved. You don’t need Mick Mulvaney in the room to figure out that much. Pffft.

24 Likes

“If the parade had been canceled purely for fiscal reasons, I imagine I would have been in the room when that decision was made, and I wasn’t,” Mulvaney told Fox News’ Chris Wallace. “

Yes…because Trump is well known to consult professionals in their area of expertise when making a decision in lieu of flying by the enormous seat of his extra large pants that could potentially result in an embarrassing or disastrous outcome.*

*The author of this post, by no means, means to imply Mulvaney is an expert in any matter, especially financial. Please read at your own risk.

40 Likes

Mulvaney means: "We Trumpers are really petty vindictive people. I mean completely petty, and completely vindictive.

So we figure everyone else is petty and vindictive, and act with being petting and vindictive as their chief motivations."

12 Likes

The VoteVets have already applied for (and received, I think) permission for a 5k run in DC to raise funds for veterans’ issues. They booked this for Veterans’ Day 2019 so Trump couldn’t have a parade on that day.

27 Likes

there should not be one penny of taxpayer money paid for this “ego” parade of Donald’s.
He want’s a parade, he can spend some of his “billions” - which he actually probably doesn’t have.

15 Likes

Trump can set up a reviewing stand and put medals on his suit and wave as the vets run by.

17 Likes

Because it was a stupid idea? Nah, that can’t be it.

6 Likes

American presidents don’t have military parades, even during wartime. However, I could all but guarantee a parade if the Kumquat King Kong dropped dead. A nice big funeral parade.

24 Likes

I just want to join the chorus of voices saying that maybe people recognized this stunt as one of gargantuan folly.

11 Likes