Discussion: Mueller Resigns, Asks That Special Counsel's Report 'Speak For Itself'

Sorry Mueller, but this reeks of covering for your (same party) bosses…

You owe the American people a more complete picture of what you spent 2 years investigating…
and answering questions before Congress is the least you owe us.

4 Likes

Yup, an utter nothingburger. We’d best not rely on an ex-FBI head to save us.

3 Likes

Asks That Special Counsel’s Report ‘Speak For Itself’

Bullshit, make clear what you meant!

2 Likes

Mueller couldn’t have been more clear when he said, “we chose our words very carefully.”

4 Likes

Can he not still be subpoenaed?

Isn’t he under less control by the president now? (As in, the president can no longer dictate that he not speak to congress)

4 Likes

“Lengthy” it was not.

1 Like

Okay, Bob. Thanks for the help.

3 Likes

Coward. If being left out of the public debate was the most important thing to you, you shouldn’t have taken the job. The country needs someone with the balls to stand behind their case and clear up the record. Go back under your rock.

2 Likes

if there was ever any question of the need for an impeachment inquiry, Mueller just answered it.

Mueller is not going to provide any additional information on his operation – the SOLE way that we will get that info is through an impeachment investigation.

7 Likes

Keep in mind that Mueller is a Republican…

1 Like

This is the way the probe ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

1 Like

Relax. He’s going to have to do that anyway.

8 Likes

He did pretty much what I thought he would. There are no outs here for the Dems. They either take the evidence he has provided and move on a formal impeachment inquiry or it’s Mitch McConnell’s ‘case closed’. I don’t think that’s a bad result. I want Dems to own this.

19 Likes

That speech was “substantial” and “lengthy”?
The actual question is, did Barr vet the speech before it was given? You know he did.

By all means, let the report “speak for [REDACTED].”

6 Likes

"Speaking to reporters at the Justice Department, Mueller commented on the origin and nature of the probe, but asked that the public let the report written by his team “speak for itself.”

2 Likes

Premise One: If we could exonerate him, we would have; we did not.
Premise Two: We cannot indict him; neither can we accuse him where he has no forum for rebuttal.
Premise Three: There are ten criminal acts in here.
Conclusion: If we COULD have indicted him, he’d be facing multiple counts.

Question: What part of this, exactly, is not clear?

21 Likes

Of course he did. An Mueller would have said so.

I didn’t expect a bombshell, and we didn’t get one. It seems to me that one of Mueller’s points was to show how unwilling he is to testify. That isn’t great even if he eventually ends up doing so.

1 Like