Discussion: Moore's Chances Looking Dim, Thune Says His Fate Will Be Known This Week

“looking dim”, yeah, that fits…

9 Likes

His chances are dim which is fitting since he’s a dim sum of a man.

So this is how Republicans vet their candidates? They announce a name see what others have dug up on him and then decide if what he’s done in past will hurt them in the future? Such a lazy shoddy practice.

5 Likes

Folks, meet the iconic feminist senator Joni Ernst!

9 Likes

Ok. The great Senate Republican heroes are giving up the fiction that Trump sycophant Steven Moore was in any way qualified to be on the Federal Reserve Board. Yet, the very same Republican Senate Majority is still solidly behind Chairman Lindsey Graham, the Devin Nunes of Joe McCarthys, in ending the Senate Judiciary Hearings without hearing from Mueller, and standing behind the increasingly laughable conclusions of the clearly corrupt, lying, contemptuous of Oversight, lazy, shoddy, neglectful Attorney General William Barr.

9 Likes

I have to wonder with Trump’s style of attack, attack, attack how he viewed Barr’s elliptical performance yesterday?

1 Like

My guess would be that initially, he was beaming over both Barr and Lindsey Graham. And even the loathsome Lyin’ Ted Cruz of The Ugly Wife and Silly Beard.

But I think Barr is going to become damaged goods to him as soon as the likes of SNL and the Late Night Talk Shows and John Oliver begin to make the appropriate humor of the revelation that, when he wrote the 4 Page Absolution of St. Donald Martyr Trump, Barr had not himself reviewed a single FBI report or piece of evidence attached to the Mueller Report. Which means ditto for his “spying” assertion.

Also, it is my belief that if the Media does its job after his evasive cowardly answers to Kamala Harris (and the WaPo, NYT, Daily Beast and McClatchy are my main hopes) we will begin to find out that Barr did in fact discuss the 12-14 pending investigations, some of which are doubtless about Trump cronies and family, with Trump himself, as well as Trump’s desire that the DOJ begin investigating Trump’s chosen political enemies. And I am sure someone in Mueller’s camp also took notes of the telephone call Barr made to ask Mueller why he thought it necessary, in dealing with his old Pal, to make a paper record of his objections to the Barr “fictional summary” of the Report.

2 Likes

I literally hurt myself reading that post. Can I sue for emotional trauma and mental anguish?

2 Likes

She was elected on account of she knows how to castrate a pig. Not seeing anything inconsistent with this particular story.

1 Like

John Thune is a real person?? I thought he was a cardboard cut out always placed behind Mitch McConnell.

6 Likes

For some Republicans, like Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA), it was Moore’s sexist writings about women that was the last straw.

He's vying for an economic post, but it's his past statements about women that trouble Ernst.

So, if an HHS post covering women's health issues arose, Ernst would nix the person for past writings advocating a return to the gold standard?

One of the White Republican Male Senate Leaders with an actual chin, or without a triple chin.

The fact that this hack made it even this far shows how far we dived into the CONdrumpflican pit of vipers.

1 Like

“I sure would like to see him just withdraw,” she told the Post.

Courage exudes from every pore of this one.

3 Likes

So, finally a consequence for this raging racist and misogynist, who also knows next to nothing about economic policy. Though losing out on a seat on the Federal Reserve as a “consequence” of poor behavior is also a form of white privilege. He’ll end up with a cushy gig somewhere.

1 Like

No Moore!

He already has a couple I think on FOX, as the regurgitator of Failed Reagan Trickle Down Vodoo Economic “theory,” and The Heritage Foundation, the elephant cemetery for washed out GOP politicians and their low intellect experts on any of the Foundations’ various propaganda points.

2 Likes

I cannot think of any time someone was too low to pass Republican confirmation – they withdraw or they pass – so I’m not counting any Moore chickens until they’re out and back into the party’s bowels. [ordinarily I’d write bosom but everything comes up scatological with these clowns]

In addition to his sexist views, Moore is also in favor of dismantling child labor laws, an Eye of the Newt replay. Gotta get those ten to twelve year olds back into the labor market, scrubbing school toilets or maybe reviving the coal industry.

Kids earning their keep. Good Times!

Ugh.