Discussion: MO Rep. Apologizes For Misspeaking About 'Consensual Rapes'

[quote=“rascal_crone, post:107, topic:88032, full:true”]
the polite term is heifers
[/quote]Good manners never go out of style.

2 Likes

Nice Kinsley gaffe (accidentally telling the truth.) Random strangers violently ambushing unknown women, is the only sort of rape Republicans believe in, unless the suspect is white. In that case the first three questions out of Republicans’ mouths will be what was she doing there, what was she wearing, and how much did she have to drink. If he’s black, immediate lynch mob and if Latino, WALL!

1 Like

Because it’s the potential of life that they care about, not the living breathing things that surround them now. One of those fetuses may be Jesus coming to save them.
And the women are just worse. They don’t care about maternal mortality rates, the don’t care about creating an opposed caste, all they care about is that they’ve been told they maybe the next host to comeback Jesus.

Well, it made a big impression on me when our president called for a return to civility.

1 Like

I get all that. I was just (too subtly?) trying to inject a new term into the dialogue.

1 Like

You are 100% correct. Missouri’s General Assembly is filled with people who couldn’t get a real job due to their lack of general knowledge or any interpersonal communication skills.

A former GOP state director retired a few years ago after telling a mutual friend that his own party’s House and Senate members think they are divinely chosen for those positions. They lack the basic skills of governing, he said, and like teenagers, you can’t tell them a damn thing.

3 Likes

I think once a thread gets to 100 comments it’s nothing but outrage that’s the leading emotion. Subtly is pushed to the background.

It really is an old boys club, isn’t it? And since they’re all term limited they have to make some $$$ and name for themselves to move on to lobbyist.

I think it more an “odd boy’s” club over “old boy’s” club.

1 Like

I covered that story as an AP stringer. IIRC, it was kinda like Murder On The Orient Express in that those who didn’t pull the triggers (there were several small caliber rifles used) wished they had.

2 Likes

Well, it is a well-known scientific fact that women’s bodies have a way of shutting things down if it is non consensual.

/s

1 Like

Truly it is stunning how oblivious they are – and I don’t mean about rape.

1 Like

Hmmm … so you’re not sure how much these women are to blame?

There’s a certain … symmetry here that you may want to disavow!

Good for you!

Sorry you had to go through it in the first place.

1 Like

And Thomas Hobbes is spinning in his grave.

2 Likes

I’ll bet that the latest white male doofus has no clue as to what an oxymoron is.

2 Likes

Wonder if rape and incest don’t put the mothers mental HEALTH at risk…the psychological anguish of living in the aftermath of such a trauma and new reality of having a rapist as your child’s daddy can’t be easy whether he remains in your life or not…the mind reels.

3 Likes

Week 1: your period happens, last approx. 5 days
Week 2; the week after that
Week 3: ovulation and potential fertilization
Week 4: fertilized egg implants in uterus 6-10 days after fertilization (~1/2 don’t implant)
Week 5: fertilized cells form embryo, <1/5"
Week 6: basic heart and circulatory system develop
Week 7: embryo now 1/4 - 1/2" long, sex still undifferentiated, not yet male or female
Week 8: sex may be set, eyes and ears begin to form as well as arm and leg buds

The “average” woman expects her next period 28 days from the first day of her last period. Any number of things can cause a woman to be “late,” and many woman aren’t “regular.” So the “average” woman is wondering what’s up, if anything, at 5 weeks. Irregular woman may not suspect anything even at 6-8 weeks. This is the magic moment that (the men) in MO define as the last moment termination of pregnancy can happen. That gives a woman 0-3 weeks in which to 1) suspect they may be pregnant and 2) make a decision on whether to continue it or abort, and 3) make an appointment to confirm a pregnancy and schedule a procedure. If the care center is far from home and the woman has other obligations in life - work, school, exams, kids - this timeline can be near impossible, which I guess was the point.

That microscopic heart was beating at 5-6 weeks. Why not set that as the deadline? Because no woman knows for sure she’s pregnant then? “Heh, heh, let’s make the deadline 5 weeks! Adequate pre-natal care? That’s the slut’s problem. Support after the baby is born? Again this is the responsibility of the mother, if she can’t afford it, well she should have thought about it sooner.” MO must be an ugly place to live if you’re female.

5 Likes

He sounds like a rapist trying to justify his rapiness.

Change the title please, he lied. You don’t casually make comments like this. It’s not an Oops moment.

2 Likes

You need a prescription to get it; I know that much.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available