Discussion: Mitt Romney To Speak Thursday On 'State Of The 2016' Race

Re: Courage and Mittens. As us Bay Staters, who know him all too well, used to say about Mittens: He has the kind of spine you could pass your hand through.

3 Likes

Mitt had better watch his back. Donald gets very annoyed at those who criticize him publicly. Apparently, the Donald has a very deep vault in which he is keeping some very dark secrets about all who criticize him.

Could be a lot of fun to watch,

1 Like

Err, Iā€™m an idiot. I meant Arthur Brooks!

Bing bing bing We have a winner!

5 Likes

Even if it were Martinelliā€™s, Iā€™d respect it.

4 Likes

Romney running again? Again?.
Good luck with that

I think John Oliver has already written the speech youā€™d like to hear.

7 Likes

Loved that, but most of it was public knowledge. I want more of the good stuff, the super-tawdry and reputation-killing stuff, like how he basically long-distance stalked Lady Di after her divorce, sending her huge flower arrangements and so forth, in a way she said was ā€œcreepy.ā€ And then talked about it forever after like a romance that never came to sweet fruition. Thatā€™s one thereā€™s documentation of. We also know he raped his wife and tore her hair out in a fit of pique. Thatā€™s been testified to in a deposition. Imagine what we donā€™t know.

7 Likes

I seriously canā€™t wait to hear the Donald opine about Mormonismā€¦

7 Likes

For some reason Iā€™m reminded of John McCain suspending his 2008 campaign until Congress could reach an agreement on how to tackle the bailout of the financial industry

2 Likes

ahā€¦ point taken, Matt!

Itā€™s too late by a long while to actually get on any primary ballots. His only path is to make himself available to a divided convention as the ā€˜unityā€™ candidate.

Good luck with that Mitt!

2 Likes

Who?!

2 Likes

By this logic, John Kerry was the leader of the Democratic Party in 2008. Which is a real hoot when you consider that every single broadcast network other than CSPAN and PBS ditched coverage of his speech at the 2008 convention (which, in a classically Democratic pattern, was a hell of a good speech and the kind of speech he should have been giving in 2004) in favor of having their respective assembled panels of asshats yammer on and on and on at each other.

Itā€™s an event that sticks in my mind for a couple of reasons. The first was because I was so enraged by the networksā€™ use of the convention as a backdrop for their in-house panels of has-beens and CW spouting imbeciles yammering and droning on and on rather than letting anyone hear the goddamned speeches, that I let loose with a TPM reader blog (a thing in 2008) screed about how they would not shut the fuck up and let people listen to the speeches. And the second is that somehow Julia Ioffe found it and made fun of it and me in the Columbia Journalism Review. Eight years later and her use of the term ā€œbiliousā€ still stings.

14 Likes

Will he be speaking to 53 percent of voters about the GOPā€™s need to reject a divisive campaign? Or will he be speaking to the other 47 percent?

4 Likes

Speak Mittā€¦speakā€¦

Three up. Three down.

And an anxious nation waits with bated breath to see what this great man has to say. And then will promptly do the opposite.

1 Like

Look at me! Look at ME! LOOK AT ME!

1 Like

Huffpost is reporting that heā€™s going to endorse Rubio. GAME-CHANGER!!! (Yawn.)

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available