Discussion: Mitt Romney Drops Clues About Possible 2016 Presidential Platform

Discussion for article #232175

I’ve heard rumors that he’s going to make an all-out push for apple pie, too. Bold initiatives!

These principles will surely set him apart from the Democrats, who have a long history of allowing terrorists to fly planes into our skyscrapers, of denying opportunities to people from "bad’ neighborhoods, and of trying to figure out how to provide less help to the least fortunate members of our society.

6 Likes

Hi I’m Mitt Romney and I’d like to speak directly to all the poors. I know I dissed all y’all in the last election when I ragged about the 47%. That was rude and hurtful and I want to make it up to you. I feel you. Now I want to lift you up in my strong arms and save you from yourself.
I figure the only way the poor will vote republican is if we make you all rich… so, okay. Let’s do that!
Are you with me?

9 Likes

When you read that his focus is going to be narrowing the income equality gap, you have to either laugh or assume this must be the Onion.

13 Likes

Run, Mitt, Run!!
Maxaroo stands proudly with you.

6 Likes

Mitt Romney concerned about the poor? Sorry, Mr 47 %, that dog won’t hunt.

13 Likes

A dog for every roof. An elevator for every car. A show horse for every mom. Magic underwear for everybody!

20 Likes

It’s nice to see that he’s kept his sense of humor.

15 Likes

Better check with the Anns-- the wife and the Colter.

3 Likes

Play it again mittens!

17 Likes

Get out that Etch-a-Sketch:

13 Likes

He’s done for. Republicans don’t do compassion and they hate the poor. The minute he talks about reducing poverty he’ll be booed of the stage. Unless he wants to go the route of lowering taxes on the rich so the poor can bathe in whatever trickles down to them. In case of the latter it’s the same old same old and nothing will be different this time around.

13 Likes

Humor you say?
I wonder if his lovely wife is taking all this posturing from a humorous point of view considering how adamant she was about Mittens running again. He was adamant about “not ever running in a million years again” as well not too long ago. Wasn’t his response at that time No, no, no, no and NOOOOOOO?

3 Likes

“First we have to make the world safer. Second, we have to make sure and
provide opportunity for all Americans regardless of the neighborhood
they live in. And finally, we have to lift people out of poverty,”

Gee, it sounds so simple when it’s put that way
((head-in-hands))
This is looking like a popcorn worthy campaign.

4 Likes

And my response at the time was that he’d be running. I still think I’m right. He’s been running for POTUS now for 10 years - at least. Why stop now? Besides, it’s his duty to God.

3 Likes

Perhaps he means more corporate outsourcing to sweatshops South and Central America.

3 Likes

Desperate people do desperate things.

1 Like

Nah, I think Mittens feels he’s owed his term-(s). He thinks it’s inevitable. Look, he’s rich, he’s smart (he thinks) he believes everything will fall into order simply because he will get elected. The world will be safer, everybody will have opportunity and everyone will be lifted out of poverty just cuz he’s elected. That’s essentially what he said…

2 Likes

I’m sure tax cuts for the rich will accomplish all those goals.

6 Likes

Of course that’s always that pesky Laffer Curve to deal with.

2 Likes