Discussion: Mitch McConnell Takes Credit For Economic Turnaround

Worthless? Obviously you don’t watch much Fox.

It’s the McConnell Miracle! Thank you Jebus!

2 Likes

The sad news here is that the specious reasoning of McConnell (Turtle, Kentucky) will be picked up by the reich-wing echo chamber and repeated ad nauseam and millions of knuckle-dragging troglodytes whose minds have rotted away to sludge will believe it.

1 Like

Hey asshole RW troll…STFU and go do your chores before mommy gets home

Mitch also believes in The Return of Voodoo Economics.

He’s supporting Ryan and “dynamic scoring”—which in plain English means lying about the impact of tax cuts for the rich.

1 Like

Yes he did. And was mocked for doing so. I also have a 7" of “Duck Stab”

Cool. I only have it on the combo CD with “Goosebump”. I was late to the party as usual.

Sounds like the NYPD not acting on low-level crimes. If you keep showing us we can do without you, we just might start believing you!

One has to remember how old McConnell is. What Senator McConnell is still selling is trickle down economics and all the frauds that go with it. By golly, the economy for the richest 1% has indeed grown over the last 34 years. But not so much for everybody else. The trickle down part has never worked.

McConnell, of course, fails to note that when Democrats occupy the White House, the middle class either holds its position or improves.

When Republicans hold the White House, the middle class usually sags.

And these Republican clowns still want to undermine Social Security, Medicare and now the Affordable Care Act. Yes, Republicans can take credit for people getting filthy rich without doing much for the economy as a whole. If you have absolutely no talent but inherit lots of money, by all means go to the Republican Party. They’ll help you become a Cavalier, and just maybe you’ll have a fawning entourage like Rupert Murdoch.

2 Likes

The problem is millions of rubes, (read as FOX viewers), will believe the lying McConnell.

As I recall, Lehman Brothers fell before Obama was president. But your overall argument is sound.

1 Like

Especially McConnell’s opponent.

A damnable, palpable lie, in the immortal stylings of another GOP criminal, John Mitchell. My stars! When will the Rethugs go on TV to tell us that the Sun rises in the West?? I’m already sick of McConnell, but now he’s really gone over the top. I am so not surprised.

No, no, you misunderstand. “Pro-growth”. Now that the economy is strong enough, we can cut taxes again. Just like we did when W has President. What a wonderful time that was!

2 Likes

You are correct. I was merely pointing out how Republicans like to give credit to themselves for everything good and blame everything bad on Democrats.

I remember someone trying to tell me around 2002 that the strong US economy of the mid to late 1990s was the result of things that Ronald Reagan did.

3 Likes

turtle head doesn’t know how to do it any different. Remember the guy all through school that peaked over your shoulder and did that sly eye thing so he could see the work you were doing? We all know that he was cheating. Copying others work because his brain wasn’t properly wired to learn anything. One thing he did accomplish was learning how to bullshit the other kids, the teachers and the principal as to why he would get passing grades and obviously never put any effort into it.
The moral of this comment is: he is really good at it after so many years of practice.
He can obviously bullshit the people of kentucky, not a big mountain to climb, the rest, not so much anymore. Time to show the country just what a kniving evil lying backstabbing piece of garbage he is.
Nothing personal, he just slides on BS way to much and gets away with it continously.
When he opens his mouth, shove his own foot into it everytime.

1 Like

The Terrapin may want to take credit for the up tick in the economy but the data on the economy came in well before the election.

1 Like

True, but those folks have been out of the Dems reach for a very long time now. The key is no longer about luring the types of voters who watch Fox News as they’ve voted themselves into irrelevance. What we must figure out how to do is how to turnout the voters like the ones who stayed in line in FL hours after the election was called, yet stayed home in 2014. Solving that problem practically solves all our problems, politically speaking.

2 Likes

I’m working on it. lol My problem is where I am, you can get shot for knocking on doors. Some tell me there is good people around here, I just haven’t run into one yet. lol

1 Like

It is difficult but not impossible for a turtle to get his head up his cloaca.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available