Discussion: Mitch McConnell Takes Credit For Economic Turnaround

Discussion for article #231732

So the economy gets better when you do nothing?

Why do you even have a job, then?

19 Likes

Pathetic. Shall we replay the infrastructure footage when Obama asked you to fund the ailing bridge between Cincinnati OH and the airport in KY?

9 Likes

For most of what is left of the American Middle Class the economy is still in recession. Senator Turtle Neck must be talking about his 1% pay masters.

8 Likes

It would have been nice if the Democrats had pointed all of this out in the election instead of running around shrieking “we don’t like Obama much either!”

75 Likes

Unless the economy predicted a Republican-owned Congress several years ago, the statement is obviously pure politics. Just giving credit to Joe Six-Pack that his vote turned the country around. Fact is, the Bush/Obama stimulus after Wall Street attempted to crater the economy is why things are doing better. A much bigger stimulus would’ve have brought it around sooner.

19 Likes

Everything bad that happens is Obama’s fault.
Everything good that happens is to Mitch’s credit.

11 Likes

Exactly what I predicted they’d do. (both the GOTea, and the Democrats)

4 Likes

He is doing EXACTLY what only last week Grover Norquist “suggested” the GOTP do.

11 Likes

Oh, come on, this is not exactly surprising. We knew that, eventually, Republicans would have to admit that the economy is doing better, and we also knew full well that, if they ever did admit that the economy is doing better, they’d try to take credit for it.

8 Likes

Not quite.

Everything bad that happens, indeed IS directly Obama’s fault.

However, everything good that happens, is in SPITE of that Kendonesian Marxist-Leninist-Hugochavezist-Castroist-Maoist-Trotskyist-Titoist Possible Muslim/Possible Gay Half-Black Tax-and-Spend military-hating treason-spouting cop-hating America-hating-church-attending non-REEL-MURKAN Communist niCLANG Usurper in the Whites House, and it happens because REEL MURKANS in the Tea Party block the aforementioned (list of slurs I will not repeat again for brevity’s sake) from doing anything more to destroy this country like he has been doing since he was hatched in a secret PRC lab in Kendonesia (a state composed of parts of Kenya and parts of Indonesia, hidden in the Indian Ocean) back in 1961, bred and trained to be a destroyer of nations in the service of his father, the Prince of Darkness, SatanMohammedAyersAlinskyStalin.

12 Likes

2015 Brass Balls Aware so early in the year.

3 Likes

yeh I’m having some trouble mustering a ton of sympathy for many Dems right now.

The smarter move would have been to kick your BlueDogs to the curb years ago instead of trying to protect
them election after election after election.

4 Likes

As much as I like to rag on the BlueDogs, if we didn’t have them, none of the what little progress this nation has made since January of 2009 would have happened.

8 Likes

No. We must be pure liberal progressives. If we were only pure liberal progressives, we would have one the mid-terms.

3 Likes

Now that gives new meaning to the term CHUTZPAH

3 Likes

I know you’re snarking at me, but I don’t think it would have changed the turnout.

True-blue Progressives or big tent Democrats, neither would have mattered if the strategy remained “run away from Obama as fast as humanly possible”. We still would have gotten beat up.

8 Likes

I suppose there is some truth in that however the behavior during these last midterms of many Dems was pretty disgusting and in the end did it save even one seat.

there is something pretty unpalatable about kicking your own guy when his polling isn’t what you’d like. Especially when people know exactly…coughAlisonGrimescough…who you bloody voted for.

why on earth would anyone vote for someone that spineless.

7 Likes

Typical conservative - taking credit for the accomplishments of others.

11 Likes

The same people who have a disproportionate number of folks who are born on Third Base and think they’ve hit a triple.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available