Discussion: Missouri Mayor Says He 'Kind Of Agreed' With White Supremacist

Discussion for article #221391

While I would like to differentiate myself from Mayor Clevenger in most respects such as beliefs, motivation, and actions, I’m afraid that I have too often left similar outrageous comments, as he witnessed, on the table unchallenged, without considering the reality that silence is often counted as assent.

2 Likes

If Clevenger had remained silent, that would be one thing. But in this case, it’s what he himself actually said that is most damning.

1 Like

“I don’t like to express that too much,” Clevenger said.

The cat’s out of the bag now.

He sounds like a Ron Paul newsletter subscriber and probably seems like a really nice guy in person.

1 Like

Yep that’s how to get elected in a red state I guess. Write articles for the newsletter and be a really nice person.

Please let the Koch brothers be Jewish, please let the Koch brothers be Jewish…

1 Like

I don’t want to like this, but I can’t help myself.

Still, I want people to hate them for the right reason.

I suspect Mr Clevenger is a Christian? Odd that if this is the case that he’d hate Jews and worship one as God…
I’m not so flush with friends that I can afford to toss someone out based on characteristics they have no control of.

How typical to blame someone else for one’s own shortcomings.

I know. I want people to hate them for the right reasons, too. But if schlumps like this bozo can be turned off simply by someone’s faith system, then the door is opened.

I apologize. This was in poor taste.