Discussion: Missouri GOP Chair: Opponents Using Guv Candidate's Suicide To 'Smear' Me

Discussion for article #233772

Oh good, I’m so glad to know who the real victim of this was

24 Likes

A page from the Whore of Babble On “It’s all about ME Guide To Public Speaking”

10 Likes

Ridiculous.

3 Likes

A decent person would realize that right now would be the proper time to shut up about this and only say nice things about the deceased, not to get drawn into a “he said” game of trying to refute a dead man’s feelings.

By engaging in this petty effort to focus only his reputation in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy, Hancock is displaying a degree of self-centeredness that is both tasteless and astonishing.

14 Likes

“Blame it on the liberals” has supplanted patriotism as the last refuge of these lying scoundrels.

12 Likes

This man has something to hide.

8 Likes

Aaaaaaah, the fresh scent of a conservative’s career ending…

3 Likes

“Many of you on this committee are aware of the issue, as it came up in several of our conversations during the past few months,” Hancock wrote, as quoted by the Post-Dispatch. “While those who know me understand I would never denigrate anyone’s faith, Tom had mistakenly believed that I had attacked his religion.”

To my mind this proves that he did engage in a smear campaign, as no one ever said that he attacked the deceased’s religion. (Which was Episcopalian in any event- seems he can’t help himself in implying he was a Jew even now.)

21 Likes
"Division over race and creed is real in Missouri Republican politics . . . "

. . . as it is in national Republican politics. The more the Republicans put their supposed Jew-loving on display, the more I smell the underlying antisemitism.

10 Likes

Help me, Jeebus! Them damn Jewboys is outs to get me!

3 Likes

John Hancock, 1776: big signature.
John Hancock, 2015: big douchebag.

6 Likes

I noticed that line too. Of course, in the minds of some conservative evangelicals being Episcopalian is far worse than being Jewish.

7 Likes

Well, comrade Johh, if liberals were trying to “smear” you, the GOP should have risen up as one to support you against them… but even your friends are tired of Jew-baiting.

1 Like

This needs to become part of the national discussion. Israelis and members of the American Jewish community need to be aware that behavior such as Handcock’s apparent smear campaign can and does happen in the conservative Republican donor group.

7 Likes

Exactly. Sounds like dude doth protest far too much, way too often and too damned early in this unfolding story to NOT have been doing what he’s bitching about. Wonder if he actually pulled the trigger?

4 Likes

Even if you had been dabbling in an ugly anti-Semitic whisper campaign, you might have had half a chance if you took the ‘politics can get rough and tumble and things can get misinterpreted’ … let things quiet down and move on … but no, you had to release you inner asshole - hardly 24 hours after the guy is dead - certainly hope this focuses the sunshine of truth through a mega magnifying glass directly on you - and totally incinerates your ass

2 Likes

You betcha!!

It’s here in the story, since calling this man a “Jew” would have stopped evangelical Christians from voting for him.

'Nough said.

2 Likes

Pro tip: if you don’t want people to think you contributed to someone’s decision to take their own life, stop acting like you did.

3 Likes

I am not totally convinced the other guy decided to take his own life over this guy’s smear campaign. There has to be more to the story.

4 Likes