Discussion: Michigan Conservatives Ask Court To Allow Them To Keep Gerrymandering

2 Likes

Internal polling must be scaring the crap out of them?

11 Likes

For instance, in 2012, the GOP won just 45.6 percent of the vote in congressional races, but came away with 9 out of 4 seats.

I’m not sure which buttons on my calculator to push for this to make sense.

12 Likes

Nobody will be more shocked than me if the Michigan SC doesn’t toss the initiative off the ballot.

4 Likes

For instance, in 2012, the GOP won just 45.6 percent of the vote in congressional races, but came away with 9 out of 4 seats.

New math?

2 Likes

I was just going to post something about the fact that Republican gerrymandering is much more effective than previously thought if it allows them to get 9 seats out of 4.

8 Likes

Republic cans can’t win fairly, so they lie, cheat and steal. Unfortunately, it’s working. For now…

3 Likes

Judges for hire?

What are the chances of these two GOP judges being voted out? Seems like a good place to start.

3 Likes

9 out of 14, people.

6 Likes

LOL…yep…I was gonna make jokes on that too…like maybe it has something to do with the GOP’s inability to do math haha…

1 Like

11 Likes

“Neither judge has given any indication that they’ll recuse themselves from the redistricting reform case.”

If they don’t, they should be disbarred. It’s THAT fucking clear and THAT fucking bad.

8 Likes

grumble grumble grumble freaking common core… :wink:

1 Like

There’s a bill before the House that would cut $Billions from SS & Medicare.
These dumb fuckers better wake up.

Fighting these vote suppression tactics has become a Sisyphean task. I admire those fighting the Dark Side.

1 Like

No, Michigan educational policy, soon to be expanded on a national level.

As chair of the American Federation for Children in Michigan, DeVos worked to expand chartered private schools in the state. Most of the reading and math scores among students at charter schools in Michigan are below average and overall academic progress lags behind other states.

5 Likes

Kurtis Wilder and Elizabeth Clement should do the right thing and just say no to payola corruption.

2 Likes

He meant 9 out of 14

So, naturally, Devos fired all thr Department of Education staff who rated Devos’s charther schools as underperforming

1 Like

By a 9-4 vote, SCOTUS will rule that such a result is Constitutional.

1 Like

Innumeracy affects 8 out of every 5 people.

1 Like