Discussion: Michelle Obama: 'Yeah, That's Right. Hillary Doesn't Play'

1 Like

Like her husband, Michelle Obama has a very bright future ahead of her.

Well deserved and looking forward to what develops…

11 Likes

If the election is “rigged”, it’s the Republicans doing the rigging. From voter suppression laws to intimidation tactics in predominantly democratic areas to going after a non-candidate (Bill Clinton) in a clear effort to discourage Dem voters, the unsavory tactics seem to be on that side of the aisle.

As far as I’m concerned (and most Dems), I wish everyone who has the legal right to vote would vote.

6 Likes

So many good parts of her speech. I was struck by how she talked of the importance of the Obamas being an example, of seeing millions of the nation’s children in her children, and acting accordingly. Highly principled. Such an amazing contrast to the never-ending horror of predatory cruelty emanating from the GOP nominee’s campaign.

And then the kicker, putting the vote in perspective (2 votes per precinct— you can do it) and adding to the We go high by describing the act of voting as the ultimate way to go high when they go low.

So refreshing. So hopeful. So healing. At this point, so necessary.

16 Likes

MICHELLE IN 2024!

Yes, I know it’s not going to happen, but a guy can dream, can’t he?

9 Likes

“Hillary doesn’t play.” No she does not. Brain of a MacArthur fellow and the heart of a wolverine. She will mess you up. And Michelle would know. She doesn’t play either.

9 Likes

Breaking: Trump urges supporters to boycott election

Donald Trump has urged his supporters to boycott the election on November 28th. “The election is rigged”, he said, “so there is no point in participating.” “When the result is 70,000,000 votes for Hillary Clinton and 0 votes for Donald Trump, everyone will be able to see just how rigged this election was”, he added. “So stay home on election day and urge all your friends and relatives to stay home too. We’ll show them”, he concluded.

3 Likes

8 Likes

First she has to find a convenient state where a Senate vacancy can be arranged. Then she needs to move there and get elected. Then she needs to serve for a while; ideally for a full term. Then she can run.

It’s theoretically possible for 2024. There is, after all, a precedent for this process…

2 Likes

Alas, there’s one more thing you need, which is a fair degree of motivation. I don’t think, from what I read, that she’s interested. Even in that megafun Carpool Karaoke piece you could hear a wistfulness for a regular, normal life. I’m with you all in wishing she did want to be in politics but if we love her we should set her free. :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

It’s pretty much an open joke in Obama’s speeches that Michelle is done with politics and Washington and can’t wait to get out. If she really wants power, she should become a talkshow host/public tastemaker. The only person with more power than the President is Oprah.

1 Like

She’d be awesome at that. Smart, sophisticated, poised, funny, cool, very quick with repartee. They’ve both got ridiculous amounts of charisma.

3 Likes

My respect for Michelle has grown as she has moved gracefully through these last eight years. I’m so impressed with her, I think she’s been underrated even by her fellow democrats, and that history will show she was one of our greatest first ladies. It’s appalling how many people hated her husband and gladly and maliciously transferred their hatred onto her - she had to know it, and yet she handled that too, by resolutely going higher. Bravo, Michelle.

11 Likes

Two intelligent, strong, accomplished women - both of whom have done more for this country and the world than the other candidate could ever think about doing (not that he’d even want to). And the best part - there’s much more to come from both Michelle and Hillary.

9 Likes

Don’t look for her in politics (except maybe behind the scenes)

1 Like

She isn’t underestimated anymore. She has reached rock star status.

2 Likes

That should work out well for him

“Clown whipped” is a thing?

I think Hill was not pining for a life in politics when she left the White House, either. Wait till the girls are grown and someone in a state Michelle is associated with calls her up and asks her to run for Senate.

2 Likes

That’s not a whip. It’s a blackjack.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available