Discussion: Message For Maduro? Rubio Tweets Image Of Bloodied Gaddafi, Killed After U.S. Intervention

1 Like

Lil’ Marco. Such a bad hombre…

17 Likes

Thread-like spine to kite-string?

9 Likes

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

If Obama failed to adequately plan for the aftermath in Libya, we can be very sure that Donnie has zero plan for the aftermath of any intervention in Venezuela. Other than “Take the oil!” that is.

28 Likes

Her tenure has brought us only war and destruction and death. She’s just too quick to intervene, invade, or to push for regime change,” he told the Values Voter Summit of Christian conservatives. He added: “With people — we don’t even know who they are. They take over, they’re far worse.”

“The United States owes $19tn,” he said. “We have to straighten out our own house. We cannot go around to every country that we’re not exactly happy with and say we’re going to recreate [them].

“It hasn’t worked,” Trump said. “Iraq was going to be a democracy. It’s not gonna work, OK? It’s not gonna work and none of these things will work.”

Referring to Iraq, he said: “We’re nation-building. We can’t do it. We have to build our own nation. We’re nation-building, trying to tell people who have [had] dictators or worse for centuries how to run their own countries.

“Look what’s happened in Iraq. We got rid of Saddam Hussein. I don’t think that was a helpful thing. Iraq is a disaster right now and it’s going to be taken over by Iran and Isis, so I think we have to focus on ourselves.

also from that Guardian article

We have to spend money on mass transit,” Trump said, delving into domestic policy. “We have to fix our airports, fix our roads also in addition to mass transit but we have to spend a lot of money.”

“China and these other countries, they have super-speed trains. We have nothing. This country has nothing. We are like the third world but we will get it going and do it properly, and, as I say, make America great again.”

@littlegirlblue

@katscherger

@susanintheoc

18 Likes

and he’s partnering with a dude who’s still learning that being the ‘peanut gallery’s’ leader didn’t prepare him for a complex world.

9 Likes

Someone get him to the couch, administer some Xanax and get him many bottles of water. Land war in a country with “jungles” is not a good idea.

26 Likes

Well, this is stupid. Just a great way to give Maduro even more arguments to hang on, and viciously.

I really don’t understand why, of all the countries with brutal dictators, we choose this one to crack down on… Oh, nevermind… oil…

11 Likes

IIRC, Trump was talking about taking their oil before he was even sworn in.

12 Likes

I know. But as a russian patsy, I never thought that he’d go against Putin.

4 Likes

Trump is a Bossist.

Orders
Leverage
Fear
Blackmail
Lawyers
NDAs
Authoritarians are the main “voters” thanks to suppression

When Trump was confined to gangland and corrupt local constraints, his malfeasance was less known.

As POTUS? That’s what the last item above is for.

3 Likes

If little Marco thinks Libya was a success, I’d hate to see his idea of failure.

Besides, what is the compelling US interest in going to war with Venezuela? Humanitarian reasons? I doubt it because then, we’d be in many countries across the world. So it must be the oil and keeping competing countries at bay.

7 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of, “milk the spoils for personal gain derived from illegal acts.”

That is always the bottom line for Trump, that and needless harm on the most vulnerable.

3 Likes

Surely Rubio must have tweeted an apt biblical scripture along with the picture of a bloodied Gaddafi?

5 Likes

Years of violent turmoil have followed Gaddafi’s ouster, but his overthrow and death in 2011 were viewed favorably by some.

Sort of like Saddam. Things are just going swimmingly.

5 Likes

I am in no way a fan of Chris Christie, but I did like the way he took down Rubio during the debates of those running for the 2016 Republican nomination for President. It was as though he used a filet knife on a sun fish.

6 Likes

This thing of Republican sissies trying to act like men is almost hilarious.
Kissing the ass of cowardly Trump does not make you manly, it makes you a pathetic POS.

6 Likes

Perhaps this one is apropos:

“Return your sword to its place, for all who will take up the sword, will die by the sword."

5 Likes

Trying to be a tough guy is a bad look for you, Marco. No one is likely to buy it, even when you run in 2024.

4 Likes

Well, lookee who thinks he’s going to be the next GOP “war” president? Marco couldn’t zip line through a Disney-staged jungle much less stage a Teddy Roosevelt charge up a hill in Venezuela. You have to join the army first, coward.

4 Likes