Discussion: Meet The Armed Militiamen Who Have Taken Over That Oregon Wildlife Refuge

Discussion for article #244257

“Taken Over” ??

Breaking and entering a visitor center closed for the weekend is not really Omaha beach, so please stop inflating the story, their egoes will just grow…

32 Likes

They all look like a bunch of washed-up bad country music singers to me.

16 Likes
Meet The Armed Militiamen Who Have Taken Over That Oregon Wildlife Refuge

No thank you – --

10 Likes

How about shutting off the utilities, put up a fence around the headquarters and change the name to FEMA Camp #1?

59 Likes

LMAO…Now they have taken to using the evil federal postal service to beg for snacks:

Jeeez’ what a FUBAR mess these YeeHawdists’ have made. Wasn’t it George Washington who said, "An army marches on its snacks. And no tyrant shall keep us from our nap time!" derp, derp, derp…

20 Likes

What I find amusing is the Hammonds’ reaction. I doubt it’s occurred to Y’all Qaeda that perhaps the Hammonds might not exactly want any extra scrutiny applied to their lives. They burned 130+ acres to conceal a poaching crime. Poaching deer herds on federal lands isn’t exactly honorable work. I doubt it’s the only questionable thing they’ve done.

24 Likes

The multitudes are not exactly flocking to embrace these fuckwits are they? The wife of the rancher at the center of this case, the Oath Keepers, the LDS church, even one of the biggest right-wing terror groups in the country, the Republican presidential candidates, are not being encouraging here.

They probably expected to be hailed as heroes. That’s embarrassing.

17 Likes

They claim they were planning this for how long? Looks like supplies are running a little thin 2 days in. They plan for the future as well as their Republican counterparts in Congress!

Also:

On his YouTube channel, Finicum warned in November that “America, you got a revolution on its hands.”

Is that legal?

7 Likes

First off, Ritzheimer is straight up crazy. Seriously, that guy is clearly suicidal and looking for any chance he can create of being killed by the government. I’m guessing life hasn’t gone the way he imagined it’d be and would rather go out in a blaze of glory than have to deal with whatever mundane existence he was living before he went nuts.

And secondly, holy shit he’s the worst father ever. He not only has a wife, but two little girls. Yet here he is skipping Christmas and New Years so he can cosplay the revolution with his crazy Bundy buddies. And so he rants about the oath he took to our country while conveniently forgetting the oath he took to his wife or the responsibilities of being a father. I mean, Jesus. He couldn’t even call them to give his goodbyes and excuses directly. He does it as a video he posts to the world. What a scumbag.

But then again, seeing what a nutbag this guy is, it’s perhaps for the best that he’s not around. I can even imagine that his wife is the main one encouraging him to fight for freedom so she has time with her guy on the side. And the girls are probably happy that daddy’s not home yelling all the time. I just hope he wasn’t the breadwinner in the family and that the new dad is better than this one.

27 Likes

Sorry MealTeamSix! And Holy Moroni! Even the LDS Church now says your nucking futs and have no support from them. There goes your good graces with the board on Kolob.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-responds-to-inquiries-regarding-oregon-armed-occupation

8 Likes

Dear asshole Drama Queens; You’re on the WRONG SIDE, you ignorant idiots.

Hope the Fed does exactly what the US laws call for:

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52)
DOMESTIC TERRORISM
A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act “dangerous to human life” that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to:
(ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to {…} by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

26 Likes

The point has been made, but just imagine if Muslims took over a federal facility to protest religious discrimination. Their “bunker” would, by now, be a smoking crater.

9 Likes

And what was with the lighting in that first Bundy video? It’s my guess that that’s how the aliens control him. I can’t wait for John C Reilly to play him in the movie. That will be hilarious.

2 Likes

" and not a Bowie, Crockett, Fanin or Houston among em"

2 Likes

Wondering how much these guys are ‘suckin’ off the government teat ’ beyond the free cattle grazing that’s been going on for years…

14 Likes

They’re probably glad he’s outta the house…

5 Likes

I’ve watched Obama enough over the past 7-plus years to be convinced that when the dust settles, the “militia” (sic.) will:
(1) lose; and
(2) look like fools.

13 Likes

For the Lord’s sake. It’s like they’ve written a very bad movie and are begging for actors to join them in it. I’m familiar with that wildlife refuge, which is very important for migratory birds. Those birds don’t need cattle fouling their nesting places, don’t need mining equipment tearing up the land, and sure don’t need the Bundy family trying for another land grab.

9 Likes

Not just a Muslim group, but imagine a Black Lives Matter group doing the same. The local sheriff would have shot half of them by now. Personally I hope a special ops group drops by and takes all them off to Guantanamo.

3 Likes