Discussion: Meadows On Tlaib Fight: ‘Fortunately For Me I Know I’m Not A Racist’

He is a racist pig, which is a big part of why he keeps getting re-elected.

2 Likes

Being a racist isn’t so much a matter of what idle thoughts pass through your mind as it is what actions they move you to take. How is your record of voting on issues regarding race, Rep. Meadows? (Note: being a passionately conservative Republican is a very bad starting point.)

13 Likes

fortunately for me, I know I’m not a racist

Fortunately for me, I know you are an asshole.

7 Likes

He probably also knows that he isn’t an imbecile.

2 Likes

Funny how the NC GOP managed to turn the NC 11 seat from a blue dog Democrat to the most reactionary member of Congress with a little old fashioned gerrymandering.

2 Likes

He keeps getting re-elected because they redrew his districts lines to make it hard for him not to, so much so its been found illegal.

7 Likes

Meadows On Tlaib Fight: ‘Fortunately For Me I Know I’m Not A Racist’

Hmmmm. Those Obama birther remark tapes say otherwise.

10 Likes

He’s so sure that he is so profoundly not a racist that he can say and do racist things and support racist politicians who enact racist policies and none of that will have any bearing on whether he is racist or not.

It doesn’t work that way.

16 Likes
15 Likes

I think a lot of white folks think because they aren’t violently marching against folks of color or demanding segregation in public schools or denying interracial marriage, their not racist. They don’t see the fact that the create gerrymandered electoral constituencies, or over look resumes of folks whose names sound black, or assume someone that black is doing something wrong that they wouldn’t assume if the person was white, as the actions of a racist.

9 Likes

Racist Obama Birther and Trump Humper Meadows says what?

8 Likes

So just to recap, the idea from Republicans seems to have been that it’s impossible that Trump said racist things when alone with a white friend, because he never said the same racist things to a black woman who worked for him? Is that about it? It’s unimaginable that he would hide his racism when speaking to a black person? Therefore, game, set, and match, Cohen made it up and Trump is not racist?

This is aside from the other evidence that Meadows is racist and the offensive nature of the whole stunt but just trying to even follow what the ostensible point was supposed to be. Getting harder to follow right-wing “logic” every year.

7 Likes

I know I am not a racist. I just roll out racist dogwhistles and tropes to keep my racist constituents happy.

7 Likes

Let’s hope that changes. The Repugs redrew the districts to essentially neutralize Asheville proper. If that gets redrawn, there will at least be a chance to elect one Democrat from Western North Carolina.

1 Like

Marky the “LAST WORD” has the Last Word and your a Racist!

I can’t wait until the Republican Party is extinct.

2 Likes

“I’ve got two black grandchildren…”
“Some of my best friends…”
“I don’t care if you are pink, green, or purple…”

2 Likes

If he’s not racist, that doesn’t excuse the other evil he does and peddles.

3 Likes

Fortunately for us, we can spot a racist.

Thank the idiots who elected this fool.

1 Like