Discussion: McConnell: 'There Are No Good Neo-Nazis'

1 Like

Listen Mitch. If you had a true American spirit and the requisite backbone to do it, you should hold a big public rally and announce you want all of those statues removed in your state - to the FACES of your supporters. You want to be a leader? Then lead. Otherwise you’re useless.

21 Likes

But you’re approving all Trump’s racist judges to lifetime seats everyday.

18 Likes

And so where is your action? Hollow words from a hollow man.

20 Likes

Good ol’ Mitch—as brave as he looks.

10 Likes

Then remove the one sitting behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.

Until then, go fuck yourself.

18 Likes

Once you’ve lost Mitch McConnell you’ve lost…well…not much I guess.

21 Likes

And Vox is reporting that Grassley will not hold hearings on white supremacy. This is EXACTLY how they succeed: keep their heads down until the storm passes and then carry on. Stay united on POLICY - i.e., tax cuts - and make noises about “concerns”. This is how they win and why we do not.

This is some mealy-mouthed bullshit designed to “make a statement.” It means absolutely nothing.

24 Likes

You’ve lost someone who didn’t last as long in the army as the Nazi who plowed his car into people on Saturday. Think about that!

1 Like

Mitch and Elaine were up late doing Nyquil margaritas…

8 Likes

But Mitch me old mate , Neo-Nazis had to do what Mr Hitler told them to do . Does this ring a bell ?

4 Likes

Please. These guys know how to win. Do Nothing. Keep on with policy for the rich, as this is what everything is about. This is about class war - and they know it; Democrats apparently do not. The damn Democrats should be screaming about divide and conquer. Of course they are not. They’ve been played like everyone else.

9 Likes

“There are no good neo-Nazis” – this is a thing that a Republican Senate leader actually has to say out loud. Because it might not be implicitly clear and obvious.

Be proud, GOP, you built this!

14 Likes

I disagree with McConnell on just about every public policy you could bring up. But I have to credit him with displaying a little bit of humanity and backbone here.

And yes, if all he ever does about this is to wring his hands call for the smelling salts, then he’s just a Reluctant Enabler.

4 Likes

“Their messages of hate and bigotry are not welcome in Kentucky Lexington and Louisville and should not be welcome anywhere in America.”

FIFY

There are no good neo-Nazis[.]

Sure there are. I’m against anyone taking active measures to make more of them the good kind of neo-Nazi, but I am very much in favor of letting cirrhosis, chronic obesity, homelessness, and accidents while cleaning firearms take their course.

4 Likes

I agree with everyone that says words are hollow and actions are what counts.

And… in the Trumpian universe this statement (that does not mention his name at all) is an act of direct rebellion and unforgivable disloyalty.

6 Likes

Never, when I was growing up, did I dream that there would be a day when America would produce a political leader so fearless, so clear of thought, so dedicated to serving the American people that he would publicly declare that neo-Nazis are bad.

11 Likes

It is reported that McConnell never mentioned Trump by name publicly, and privately he was “upset” by Trump’s remark. Upset? That behavior adds up to being cowardly.

5 Likes

It’s Trump’s GOP.
Congress seems to forget that they are an equal branch of government and only they have the power to do something about the Executive Branch.

5 Likes

I’m against anyone taking active measures to make more of them the good kind of neo-Nazi,

That would take quite an effort. How 'bout “I’m against anyone taking active measures to make more of them…”

1 Like