Discussion: McConnell’s Rebuke Points To Fact That Trump, GOP Miles Apart On Foreign Policy

1 Like

‘tax cuts and judges’

In case anyone is interested in what’s fueling this GOP-Trump marriage.

36 Likes

Then there’s this . If you were watching ABC Nightlly news they played a sound bite

The Kochsucker after the hearings was asked about the discrepancy between what the intel chiefs were saying vs Trump

I am not making this up
“I really wasn’t listening to the hearings so I have no opinion on that”

26 Likes

…Just munching popcorn, wondering if I should place an over/under bet on how long before McTurtle has before he has to retreat into his shell and go grovel before Emperor Hannity for forgiveness…

7 Likes

Oh.My.God.

I understand that Yertle is busy with writing his next episode of real life House of Cards, but he’s supposed to have staffers to keep up with little things like that so he’s up-to-date.

Did he borrow Melanoma’s I Really Don’t Care // Do U? jacket?

14 Likes

And stopping abortion and reproductive rights, and putting a halt to immigration and protections for minorities. (To some extent, this is what they want the judges for.)

16 Likes

Now we all know this is a common dodge when you don’t want to comment. “I haven’t really been following the news so I can’t really form an opinion on the Martian invasion fleet that’s landed on Greenland until I’ve had a chance to study it.” Of course he knows how those hearings went.

19 Likes

The latest addition was specifically chosen to protect Trump from prosecution, too.
Right out of central casting.

4 Likes

“grovel before Pope Hannity for absolution”

5 Likes

I forgot about the ‘what about the poor Christians?’ part.

Thank you for reminding me.

4 Likes

And voter suppression, especially the votes of people of color.

6 Likes

Sorry…I cannot respond to anything about McConnell except what he is actually thinking:

“If being Russian gets me tax cuts and judges, The American People have Spoken.”

17 Likes

Sorry. I forgot to use the snark font that we still don’t have, Josh.

Of course he knows. We know he knows. He knows we know he knows.

He doesn’t respect us enough to answer the f***ing question. It’s time for Yertle to go back permanently to the Kentucky holler from which he came. Are you listening, Kentucky? You can practice by taking out Matt Bevin this year.

13 Likes

Spoken with the verve, courage and moxie of a Trombone Player.

7 Likes

Gotcha, sorry. Haven’t had my coffee yet. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Is McConnell trying to act like he has a backbone now? Too late turtle!

3 Likes

Unbelievably naive piece. McConnell ensured that the Deripeska sanctions would be lifted by allowing only 11 hall passes in the Senate. House R’s were free to voice their concern once it was clear the sanctions that Putin wanted lifted were lifted. At what point do media outlets connect the dots rather than follow all the smoke? MM is all in. He is perfectly willing to sacrifice the republic for Republican gain. NYT is played again. Sad.

8 Likes

It looks like the Turtle may have been knocked off its fence post. Then again maybe not.

Trump is probably doing it for the wrong reasons, but pulling out of Afghanistan is the right decision. 17 years and over a trillion dollars later and countless “surges” the Taliban are going nowhere. One of the big disappointments from the Obama administration is that he allowed the war to continue just to avoid having the republicans calling him muslim lover.

The chickenhawks love the Afghan war because they love war when it’s someone else that gets killed, the generals like it because it’s low casualty (on the american side, dead afghans don’t count), it’s a great training opportunity and they get combat pay. The Military-Industrial Complex loves it because it’s a huge money maker.

5 Likes

Bullshit. In 2020 the GOP could be presented with a widely known and respected, educated, experienced, wise, sober, introspective candidate with an executive and legislative background that was willing to challenge Trump. And they would back Trump. This feigned frustration with having to work with Trump is utter bullshit.

12 Likes