Discussion: McConnell: O'Care Repeal Bill To Be Reworked, But There's Also A Plan B

Plan “B” for “bail.”

9 Likes

The incompetent, cruel and disorganized GOP has no plan whatsoever. Its sole criterion for action is to destroy anything/everything Obama did; collateral damage to real human lives be damned.

9 Likes

Oh, they have a plan. They have all along. It was written by the Heritage Foundation. It was signed into law in Massachusetts by Mitt Rmoney. The only problem was that on a national level it was passed by Democrats and signed into law by a black guy; thus, pissing off their rabidly insane base. So now it must be destroyed! (Ironically, in Arabic al Qaeda means “the base”. The one thing al Qaeda and Republican’ts have in common is that they both love killing Americans…)

11 Likes

So Plan A is the abortion of the ACA. If that doesn’t work they’ll use Plan B. I thought Christian Right to Life Republican’ts were against all of that…

3 Likes

Plan “F” for “Fail”!

4 Likes

Plan B. Also, Hillary’s Email.

5 Likes

Keep spinning those wheels, Bitch

2 Likes

So plan B is to write some kind of stopgap and load it up with poison pills so you can blame the democrats? (I don’t think the democrats should go for “We’re still going to repeal the ACA, but we’re going to make a few tiny tweaks in the meantime to get us past the midterms.”)

Plan be doesn’t appear to come with the huge tax cut, so Idunno. I think this is mostly posturing to get his caucus together rather than endure the humiliation of bipartisanship.

3 Likes

Mitch McConnell: All Hat, No Cattle

1 Like

Plan B: convert FEMA camps into health care centers?

2 Likes

…He tries to give the impression that there was a Plan A… HAH!

4 Likes

Think about it.

6 Likes

McConnell: “If my side is unable to agree…”

And that – right there – is the entire problem.

“My side.”

All he cares about is his side: 52 Senators with an “R” behind their names.

Exclude Democrats. Exclude the public. Exclude everyone but the GOP.

This isn’t some sandlot baseball game – it’s literally life and death for 320 million Americans.

But it’s just a freaking game to Republicans…

While men, women, children, and the elderly die.

To fund tax cuts for billionaires.

20 Likes

Especially with all the ’ strikes ’ they’re allowed —

4 Likes

Mitch doesn’t really do posturing, and for the life of me I still can’t figure out what he would have to gain by doing so. I think its obvious that he just doesn’t have the votes. Remember, there are the no votes we know about and there are the no votes who are hiding behind the ones we know about in a sad attempt to avoid drawing attention. But I don’t think Mitch would be making any concessions or talking about working with Democrats if really thought the bill had any real shot at passing.

BTW, I was reading an article in the local paper about 3 Democrats stepping up to unseat Trey Hollingsworth (R-IN 9th). They’re all making healthcare the centerpiece of their campaign. That’s a pretty big tell about where Democrats think this is going.

8 Likes

Inevitably, the wheels are falling off the TrumpNoCare bus.

4 Likes

In other words, same as it ever was

4 Likes

Started typing and then decided not to make an abortifacient joke…

4 Likes

They’ve said it could include provisions continuing federal payments to insurers that help them contain costs for some low earners and inducements to keep healthy people buying policies — a step that helps curb premiums.

To think we could have avoided all this melodramatic controversy if the Democrats would have simply made that part of the ACA.

“We have an obligation to the American people to try and improve what we currently have. What we do know is the status quo is not sustainable,” he said.

May I suggest that Plan B start with your commitment to stop sabotaging “what we currently have” and see if that resolves your observation that "the status quo is not sustainable.”

4 Likes