Discussion: McCain Promises He'll 'Be Back Soon' After Brain Cancer Diagnosis

He will survive. Its not like he ever used the organ in question.

3 Likes
[Sen. John] McCain has been out of work on Capitol Hill for about a week following surgery to remove a blood clot from above his eye.

How many sick days do senators get? Just curious, not saying he’s not entitled to as many as he needs.

2 Likes

Although not a great Senator or an acceptable Presidential candidate, McCain is still an American hero, and someone who risked his life on behalf of all of us, unlike many here and certainly unlike the Asshole-elect.

2 Likes

Perhaps with future reelections off the table he will feel less beholden to McConnell and company.

Then we’ll hear Trump say…

“People say he’s a hero because he got cancer…I like people who don’t get cancer”

4 Likes

I sincerely wish the Senator and his family a successful treatment and recovery and won’t even bring up the name of Sarah Palin. Oops.

4 Likes

He’ll be back soon to work on taking healthcare coverage from the poorest Americans so he can give tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans.

But American Hero!!!

4 Likes

As elected officials, Senators have almost unlimited discretion over their schedule and actions. Many Senators who have become ill in office miss votes for weeks or months at a time. Senator Kennedy was diagnosed with brain cancer and went months without voting in the Senate; Tim Johnson of South Dakota became ill in December 2006 and was out for several months.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Is that us or US?

“be back soon”

Promise or threat?

1 Like

Well Jimmy Carter is still alive
But he is a whole different ball of wax

2 Likes

Oh, for Pete’s sake, just retire. Spend some time with your family. You can even set up a mini-studio in one, or all, of your houses so that you can still spend time with Chuck Todd on Sundays.

4 Likes

Bullshit wagon mound. McCain is a survivor of a POW camp and not a hero by any stretch. He risked his life like I did as an Army aviator for a cause that was not just and had nothing to do with “risking his life on behalf of all of us”. When McCain was shot down after dropping his load of 500# bombs on the city of Haiphong he was drowning, unconscious and gravely injured. The very people who he had been trying to kill swam out to his dying body, saved his life and got him to medical care rather than letting him die or killing him themselves out of justified revenge. In order to get the medicine and treatment he needed while in captivity he made propaganda audio/videos for the N. Vietnamese. He was kept alive and given very special treatment when his captors found out that his Admiral father was in charge of all American forces in the Pacific. He is not a hero because he was captured and survived. Stop cheapening the too casually thrown around “Hero” label please.

4 Likes

MCCains options really aren’t that great. But he has access to all of the options that are available. At least his family doesn’t have to worry about choosing between his treatment and going bankrupt. I hope McCain really gets it, that health care should be a right, not a privilege.

3 Likes

On behalf of all of us citizens of the US.

Right, so that the commies wouldn’t land in San Francisco and rape and pillage the city then the country. I enlisted under the influence of John Birch lies like that but grew up while in Viet Nam. Came to realize that all the propaganda heaped onto my naive young head had been lies and that all the killing and maiming was for lies. It’s a bitch to have to realize that yes your country will lie to you so question everything and everyone. Looking back it is hard to conceive that I was ever so uninformed/misinformed/disinformed as to actually believe that our invasion of Viet Nam was in any way justified. Looks like you have not had that epiphany yet.

3 Likes

Alternatively, Trump might state (in his typical Trump passive-aggressive style): “I might say McCain has not always been my friend, so maybe it’s a good thing he’s not voting right now. No, I’m just kidding, But maybe I’m not. I just want everyone to be healthy.”

1 Like

Two words: Wet. Start.

1 Like

By the way, is it just me, or have McCain’s eyes gone entirely black? Did they remove a clot or his soul?

1 Like