Discussion: McCain: 'American Leadership' Abroad Was Better Under Obama

The Milquetoast Maverick™ rides again!

7 Likes

And he holds his finger to the wind again. When the wind shifts so will he.

6 Likes

He must be still confused he couldn’t possibly have meant to say something nice about Obama

16 Likes

After his dismal performance during his questioning of Comey, the Sunday Show schedulers told him he needed more credibility if he wanted to keep his permanent invites open…

Read no more into it than that.

5 Likes

…and then he went on the rail against Hillary.

4 Likes

There is no American leadership abroad. Both the US and the UK are withdrawing into an isolationist stance. America will hunker down behind walls and the President will only visit countries where there will be no protesters (like Saudi Arabia).

7 Likes

Just like:

9 Likes

The most irking thing for the orange troglodyte is being unfavorably compared to Obama, specially in “leadership”, he will be rolling in bed tonight until 3AM and then tweet something that offends all former POWs (who for some obscure reason love him)

12 Likes

Yeah John. Ya think. Now you can see the difference between a man qualified to be president and a buffoon carnival barker that is in way over his head and everyone knows it except for 35 percent of his true believers.

6 Likes

Ya think?

1 Like

“Siberia or Antarctica”

What did that mean?

2 Likes

It would be nice if voters in my state would wake up and let McCain retire.
But AZ is so red it’s likely Ol’ Johnny will do a Strom Thurmond imitation

10 Likes

Clearly, President Obama and world leaders don’t recognize trumpp as the president.

President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada last Tuesday. Two weeks ago, Mr. Obama and former Prime Minister David Cameron shared a similar scene at a hotel in London. Before that, there were meet-ups with Chancellor Angela Merkel at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, and Matteo Renzi, the former prime minister of Italy, in Milan.

At a moment when Mr. Trump has left Europeans despairing about the trans-Atlantic relationship, his predecessor is in the middle of a Group of 7 reunion tour. While Mr. Trump lectures his fellow leaders about paying more for NATO or ignores their pleas not to pull out of the Paris climate accord, Mr. Obama appears on panels with allies to discuss issues like food security or how to inspire young people to be more active in their communities.

9 Likes

And if I may add …

Fuck You, Sid McCrashcup!

2 Likes

This would be quite the headline if McCain weren’t senile

3 Likes

He’s tryin’ to cover all his bases…

1 Like

When McCain says American Leadership would be better under HRC I’ll give him some credit.
Until then-pfffft.

2 Likes

Mr Obama is finding it hard to give up something he does well. That’s the ugly under belly of retirement. I am familiar with the feeling.

4 Likes

Sen. McGrumpypants gets his anti-dementia shots each and every Thursday night. Luckily the Guardian interviewed him on Friday.

1 Like