Discussion: Maureen Dowd's Cannabis Tour Guide Says He Warned Her About Edibles

Discussion for article #223542

I can imagine the look of terror on the candy bar’s face right before it was consumed.

10 Likes

“Oh, it hurts…but I kind of like it.” M&M candy while being licked by woman in commercial.

3 Likes

A least she stayed away from the brown acid.

6 Likes

Caption for Dowd’s selfie:

That damn Colorado pot made the right side of my head way too heavy. I finally know what the cool kids meant when they said “heavy, man!” back in the 1960s.

2 Likes

She wasn’t paying attention, obviously. Kind of like how she doesn’t pay attention every other day.

10 Likes

So, Mo lied…Again… NO surprise at all…

5 Likes

Here’s the first rule of speaking to reporters. Make sure you have a recorder taping the conversation/interview and of course advise the reporter that the conversation/interview is being taped.

Reason why? Reporters/journalists are liars and you need to have the evidence of them lying.

6 Likes

“Extreme reaction”? “Whether or not it was common”? I’m not the expert but if you take 16 times the recommended amount of a recreational drug you’re likely to have an “extreme reaction,” I think it would indeed be “common” for that to happen, seeing as how you didn’t pay attention like an idiot and took a huge fucking overdose.

6 Likes

If anyone is predisposed to having a bad trip, it’s MoDo.

3 Likes

Here’s a fun Alex Pareene piece about her perennial inaccuracy:

2 Likes

I’ve never read any of her columns, but I’m given to understand that she IS a sort of silly person.

Um, I’m a reporter and a journalist, and I’m not a liar, never once been accused of it, and the very few who do make stuff up get their asses fired in short order. It’s absolutely not tolerated. If you’ve had a bad experience, which you don’t say explicitly, then that’s a shame. Reporters do make mistakes, about as often as car repair people, surgeons, and most of the rest of us do. I’d strongly recommend that anyone talking to a reporter organize his or her thoughts, think of a few main points you want to make, and have a handout with the most important facts available to give the reporter if possible. And never let Maureen Dowd write about you.

10 Likes

Indeed. Ms “married to her job” is fortunate NOT to have a SO, because if she did they would dump her like yesterdays garbage.

“I reckoned that the fact that I was not a regular marijuana smoker made me more vulnerable, and that I should have known better”

Say it with me now:
Metabolism, metabolism, metabolism.

Well, I’m STUNNED…
An NYT ‘reporter’ appears not to listen to her interview subject, intentionally ignores his information and does wants she’s intended all along…Judy? No, pot-crazed MoDo. Matt Brown should be happy MoDoob ate the candy when he wasn’t near or she’d have been on him like a cheap suit.

Gawd, watta puss.

Maureen Dowd is an idiot anyway.
Her “columns” in the NYT are nothing more than narcissistic ramblings of the “problems” an “upper-class-genius” like HER faces trying to “live” in New York City.
They are nothing but: “Sex in the City” without the good looking one.

5 Likes

I know this is tin foil hat territory, but I wonder if the entire story could have been a creation in order to make legal cannabis look bad? That wouldn’t be terribly unrealistic IMO.

1 Like

Think about it, she conveniently has no witnesses as she chose to partake alone in a hotel room? That raises a huge flag right there.

2 Likes