Discussion: Massive $150M Fraud Case Alleges Phony Doc Did Hundreds Of Surgeries

Discussion for article #241068

This headline is not accurate–a PA is not a “phony doc”, but a licensed professional. If he was performing surgeries without the surgeon’s presence, that is practicing beyond the scope of his training, malpractice, and malfeasance, but not impersonation. Did the headline writer write the article also? if not is he a “phony writer”?

1 Like

This is a great goal for the good guys, and the P.A. is not the target of this action. Why anyone would want to attack the story is beyond me.

Wish you put captions under pictures, so we might know who this woman is.

5 Likes

Sociopaths. All of them.

4 Likes

…consultants for the GOTP healthcare remedy…

2 Likes

but but we need tort reform cause …those dirty lawyers who attack poor defencless doctors who never ever do any harm to their patients … give to the democratic party

3 Likes

There are sociopaths in every walk of life.

1 Like

Here’s a sociopath now yapping about semantics.

1 Like

As GWB said, “We must not stop OB/GYN doctors from spreading their love of woman across the country.”

2 Likes

They dirty lawyers who referred clients to this house of horrors better have paid their malpractice premiums, because they’re going to be the only pockets the victims of these quacks are going to be able to find any money in.

2 Likes

Wait until Dick Cheney finds out his new heart is just a spiny sea urchin. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Well, heck, none of this seems too hard. Next time I need surgery, I’m just gonna do it myself with power tools.

1 Like

Agree.

Kelly Soo Park.

Be sure to use duct tape instead of surgical gauze to avoid possible infection.

1 Like

I was thinking a wet-Vac and then superglue.

The story does not say what tipped the DA’s office to take a look. The skeptic and cynic in me thinks it was the insurance companies complaining that there were paying out too much money and affecting their bottom line.

I didn’t know mayhem was something you could be charged with. I’m wondering what the difference between mayhem and aggravated mayhem is, and is aggravated chaos a greater or lesser charge?

It’s not just semantics, it’s about journalistic accuracy. The case is about a real doctor who was defrauding people and fucking them up by having his assistant doing surgery alone.

2 Likes

As someone involved in healthcare this type of story angers me beyond belief. Healthcare fraudsters are the lowest, worst form of slime. They jeopardize the lives of patients, they tarnish the good, hardworking doctors and healthcare workers and ripoff the system soley to financially enrich themselves while others suffer. These criminals must pay the consequences for their disgusting actions with huge fines and LONG prison sentences otherwise this will continue.

3 Likes