Discussion: Marco Rubio: 'I'm A No' On Tax Bill Unless Child Tax Credit Expanded

2 Likes

Which makes this “no” yet another patented Rubio fraud.

36 Likes

Rubio could torpedo the bill — if he doesn’t get what he wants and stands by his promise.

Rube standing by a promise is a pretty tall order to ask from him. He can always tank the bill with 2020 in mind as a champion of working families. (Yeah, I know.)

14 Likes

Marco Rubio: stalwart and upstanding and righteous as he ever was.

34 Likes

Rubio will come around obviously. The big news is that the middle class tax cuts may now expire 3 years earlier in 2024. Unbelievable.

18 Likes

Rule 1: the Republicans always come home.
Rule 1A, 2017 edition: Until a Republican bill is voted on and passed in both houses, not just a bill with the same title but the same bill, and until Donald J. Trump puts his big, beautiful signature on that big with his very large, very masculine hands, the Republicans have not yet come home.

8 Likes

I hope the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of displaced Puerto Ricans who are heading to FL will make sure that that state turns azul and stays azul.

39 Likes

Man, that picture makes me thirsty.

15 Likes

In case anyone thinks Rubio has the capacity to show political courage when push actually comes to shove… [deep breath]… HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

11 Likes

“It’s unclear whether he’ll follow through on the threat…”

31 Likes

I tend to agree… but I don’t really know why he’s popping his head up right now. This is a historically unpopular bill and your name hadn’t been in the news on it. Why tie yourself to the conversation? Why not keep your head down and be one of 50/51?

4 Likes

Is Marco Rubio a Vulcan?

8 Likes

Perhaps they’ll raise the tax credit to $1,001. That way he can declare victory and vote “yeah.”

6 Likes

If you tank this Marco I take back every nasty thing I ever said about you.
But it has to stay tanked until Jones is seated

18 Likes

Have ya got the balls to vote no Marco?? Well, do ya??

9 Likes

Well I know MY nickname for him rhymes with “Spock”

3 Likes

In the interest of preserving life there will be no breath holding

5 Likes

He’ll fall into line. They always do.

8 Likes

Every.Single.Time.

9 Likes

Rubio will collapse into a pool of water any minute.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available