Discussion: Marc Short To Return To White House As Pence's Chief Of Staff

1 Like

I guess he discovered that this administration’s vets don’t do so well in the private sector because their reputations are (What’s the technical term for it? Ah yes … shit!) shit after working for Trump.

11 Likes

I guess he couldn’t get that private sector job at the Bun 'n Run after working for Fat Ass.

6 Likes

Curious where the origins (who pushed or pulled) of this move are. Seems like 1 or 2 reasons - which do not seem compatible to me.

a) From Pence folks, or nervous GOP folks for positioning Pence to take over if/when Trump falls; or

b) From Trump folks to keep a close “loyalty” eye on Pence so that he doesn’t make moves.

I would lean towards a), but, I recall the stories floating around back in December where one of the recursive themes of Trumps blurty questions to anyone near by was whether that person (whoever was standing there) thought Pence was really loyal.

Last comment - some of these political tools just can’t cut it in the world outside of RW politics. (Cue the Womp Womps)

4 Likes

Pence’s first task for Short: “Measure for new drapes and make it look like you were only joking.”

12 Likes

Koch Brothers making their move? Stock portfolios looking a bit shaky these days, and that won’t do.

4 Likes

HIs reward for testing all the talking points on CNN?

1 Like

There appear to be about 12 people in the U.S. who are willing to work in the Trump administration. Not counting the usual hamster Trumplican suspects in the HoR who can be re-purposed.

2 Likes

Was it the Godfather where they shot that guy in the revolving door? Reminds me of this administration, on many levels.

2 Likes

Pence may take over for a bit as prez if Trump goes down, but is a losing bet as a 2020 candidate. Huge baggage from Indiana, but also extremely vulnerable from the “Trump did x,y, and z and you stood by and did nothing or actively enabled” angle as a candidate.

I’m betting that the Koch’s are too smart to go all in for Pence. There are better others out in Nutjobland.

7 Likes

“After he resigned in July, Short was employed as an on-air commentator on CNN…”

Sarah Isgur, the top Department of Justice spokeswoman under former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, will join CNN to coordinate political coverage of 2020, according to Politico.

CNN will seemingly gobble at any glory hole in the wall.
4 Likes

They’re getting ready for the post-resignation transition. Bet on it.

5 Likes

Why do so many of these Trump admin people look like skinheads? I guess the answer is self-evident.

4 Likes

That post is quite insulting. To glory holes.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

3 Likes

Coppola and Puzo were wise men to have lifted this from Machiavelli and made it seem like their own philosophy via a screenplay.

“Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.”

The Prince, 1513.

5 Likes

Maybe the Koch’s think Trump may soon be gone and VP Pence will be President Pence.

4 Likes

This white house is not populated with wise men.

2 Likes

No, just wise guy wannabes.

4 Likes

Hair Furor isn’t going to give up the Presidency before Jan 2021. It’s just not gonna happen. He won’t leave until the Secret Service take his pardon pen away as the next President is being sworn in.