Discussion: Manafort Trial To Shed Light On Mueller Probe Evidence

It will be interesting to see if Trump commits more obstruction of justice by tweeting about the Manafort trial. I doubt that he does, because he probably doesn’t see this Manafort case as being close enough to him to cause him personal problems.

Still, I think Mueller should distract Trump from being tempted to tweet about the Manafort trial by releasing a couple of indictments … let’s say Kushner and Jr., and maybe the SDNY can release a reduced charges/guilty plea/cooperation deal with Cohen. That would make for an excellent Infrastructure Week.

8 Likes

So ready for this trial of the rich and infamous to get underway. Still want to see what is in Manafort’s karaoke songbook.

2 Likes

I’m concerned that voir dire will produce a jury of the densest, most-knuckle-dragging buffoons to appear outside of a reality show.

People who could look at a photo of Trump fellating Putin and not understand what they’re looking at.

1 Like
  • I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
  • Lawyers, Guns, and Money by Warren Zevon
  • and probably Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver

Nor would I be surprised to see The Who’s Won’t Get Fooled Again as an ironic nod to Manafort’s core business.

2 Likes

If they don’t get him on anything else, they’ll get him on the tax evasion.

3 Likes

Perhaps he believes that he’s done nothing wrong

This could be true.

After all, evading taxes and defrauding banks isn’t really wrong in his circle. It’s a lifestyle choice.

3 Likes

I’m banking on the idea that it will be fairly difficult to completely cull highly educated, intelligent people from a jury in Northern Virginia, especially around Alexandria.

2 Likes