Discussion: Manafort Claims Deep State Leakers' 'Elaborate Hoax' Boosted Mueller Probe

This filing will produce results similar to that dog over there chasing the parked car.

9 Likes

A legal defense strategery soon to be emulated by the Dotard-in-Chief.

Flail away at anything, lie and deny and wrap it in a RWNJ conspiracy.

Stop drooling, Mr. Avenatti…

1 Like

The tried and true GOP strategy.

“The crimes are fake news! What about those leaks over there? That’s the real injustice! Terrible! Unfair! Deep state! Argle bargle! Jiggery Pokery!”

6 Likes

By process of elimination, he determined that Colonel Mustard did it in the library with the candlestick.

5 Likes

One model of looking at Capone which is suggested by Laurence Bergreen is the idea of that he is a pivotal figure in the movement from the “Old World” to the “New World.” Capone did, after all, seem to maintain some of the mannerisms and business approaches of the Neapolitan Camorristi crime groups. These were smaller-scale criminal societies who offered their services as “political fixers,” manipulating politics at a local level and even helping the local police forces maintain order.

Along with this idea of the “New World” we see evident a certain glamour, an acceptance of the surface-value and an almost nihilistic devotion to self-promotion above every other concern. Morality is brutally murdered with the figure of Capone, who seems to represent a coming to terms with the darkness inside of man. For one thing, Capone basked in his celebrity. He even hired Damon Runyon as his press agent. When he heard news of the intent to bring him to trial, of the ongoing government investigations to pin hard evidence against him, Capone began to mount a “publicity campaign” to sway public opinion in his favor. Among a number of other falsely philanthropic gestures, Capone opened a soup kitchen during the annals of the Depression. He murdered or arranged the murders of countless men, many of whom were innocent. With Capone, then, even the abandonment of morality is made to appear beautiful and is worthy of celebrity and glamour.

http://www.umich.edu/~eng217/student_projects/nkazmers/capone2.html

3 Likes

This fat, corrupt slob will go to any lengths to escape justice, pathetic as they are.

So a high ranking member of a “Deep State” is crying fowl of deep state methods? Or for someone who has attained the age of 69 who is just now figuring out that he wasn’t a puppet master but just a puppet in someone else’s show.

1 Like

You know what… IF this mofo was being investigated in russia he probably be killed before he got to court and here he is making these claims trying to denounce the US court system of which is protecting him and ensures he will live to see his last day if that last day is spent in jail. So i say to him Hey FU

1 Like

I wish I had the confidence to tell a judge “look, the real issue here is that it’s illegal for you to know I did these crimes! I’m suing the government for investigating me! Clearly one your colleagues is the true criminal and not one of my shady mob friends who, like everyone in the Trump administration, leaks like a goddamned sieve, Your Honor.”

But I feel like if I tried that the judge would make sure I had a really bad time in court.

5 Likes

When he starts pulling that “Deep State” nonsense, you know this mofo thinks he is going away for life.

3 Likes

It’s to late Manafort.
You are already inside the black hole.
Flip or let go and say bye bye.
Trump is not going to save you. lol lol

I believe every person who gets caught by the cops with a bag of weed should pull this shit. “It was the Deep State! It was an ounce of oregano when I walked out of Kroger 35 minutes ago!!!”

It must really suck to be you now…amirite, Paul?

1 Like

If you look at it from a game-theory point of view, there is pretty much nothing that Manafort shouldn’t file. He’s playing with other people’s money (it almost certainly will be after conviction), and every minute that he manages to stay out of jail is another minute that he’s free and not just an inconvenient loose end. And the longer he delays, the more chance some kind of miracle might happen.

(I’ve been thinking also that the same release conditions that restrict his movement also tend to protect him at least a little from being cleaned up)

6 Likes

Hey congrats, Tierney and TPM! This story is now one of today’s online MSN headlines - nice work!

(True, there is the usual sludge and the cult of celebrity stuff, but still, it’s a great thing!)

2 Likes

LOL. What a ripe turd. I suppose when you’ve got nothing else, but still…ripe…

2 Likes

He can claim an elaborate hoax from…

the big house

Manafort to Judge: Your Honor, I was stupid to hook up to the Trump Campaign. Have pity on me. They are the imbeciles, not me. I’m just an ordinary grifter and had a good thing going until I met Trump.

I ain’t no crying fowl.

1 Like