Discussion: Manafort Attorney Optimistic: My Client Is ‘Feeling Really Good’

1 Like

What’s that phrase…ummm…oh yeah:

“Fuck your Feelings.”

33 Likes

You know, feelin’ good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee

15 Likes

Must be chili and corn dog day at the local lock-up. Who wouldn’t be happy?

7 Likes

With all the talk of somebody feeling good, I’m thinking James Brown and I Feel Good

12 Likes

Isn’t that what all American athletes say when they have just lost? “I felt really good out there…”

9 Likes

Falling off a 90-story building can feel pretty good for 89 floors.

28 Likes

This is going to have me crazy until a verdict is reached.

19 Likes

Take it away, James!

16 Likes

This is the same attorney who defended his client by presenting exactly zero evidence, witnesses, rebuttals, or closing arguments right?
Asking for a friend…

26 Likes

"Later he told the press ‘I feel good, Mr. Manafort feels good’.”

“Quickly adding, ‘But maybe it’s just the oxycodone talking’.”

24 Likes

I’m feeling pretty good too Cletus!

https://johnjohns1.fjcdn.com/hdgifs/Tramp+the+trump_9dfb88_5859942.mp4

5 Likes

Yeah but none of those things is required. The only requirement here is for the Prosecution to have presented sufficient evidence.

One would think the accountant would have sealed the deal.

I think he made a closing argument.

9 Likes

You can talk yourself into believing that the longer a jury is out the better the chances are the jury is hung, but in this case with so many charges it could also mean the jury is deciding each count carefully. I think we would have heard from the jury if there was a possible deadlock.

19 Likes

I think they’re counting on a hung jury.
Don’t be surprised if it happens.
I won’t be.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Gosh, that’s funny. Usually defense attorneys run to the local media outlet and say “Wow, my client is really shitting his pants because he thinks he’s going to prison”.

Fart noise.

16 Likes

Why shouldn’t the attorneys feel good? The trial is over, they’re going to get paid, and Manafort’s going to get pardoned.

4 Likes

I agree. If they were deadlocked they would have said something.

12 Likes

My main worry, living in the Sagebrush Rebellion state of Arizona, is that jurors are prejudiced against the ‘gubmint’, not that there’s a rabid, implacable, Kumquatist in their midst. If the latter, I think we would have had some inkling by now. There’s a lot of charges to go over and a mountain of exhibits which have, apparently, not been cross-referenced to the associated charges. This is not taking place in AZ. I think that the jury will convict on most of the charges.

11 Likes