Discussion: Man Briefly Kept From Boarding Flight After Complaint That He Spoke Arabic

Discussion for article #243082

Cowardice is abroad in the land
Are we now afraid of baklava? Or people speaking something other than standard white bread English? I’ll hafta remember to not use my limited Spanish or Maya.

27 Likes

Therein lies the way out. Saturation bomb the entire United States with baklava.

25 Likes

I know a lot of people that think Hebrew is a Arabic and they ID Israelis as Arabs.

1 Like

Frere Jacques tune:

Fear and loathing
Fear and loathing
Grows well here
Grows well here
Pavlov bells un-needed
Pavlov bells un-needed
With FauxNews
With FauxNew.

18 Likes

Seems there are a considerable number of folks more than ready to fear every little thing. Even 4 yr old orphans. Just ask Chris Christie the “oh so brave” gov. of New jersey

10 Likes

wait until someone complains that a passenger is speaking French because the the terrorists were French and Belgium… maybe Jean-Claude Van Damme will get kicked off a plane…

11 Likes

Now! for something completely different — Dr Demento’s Star Trekkin’

1 Like

No wonder Trump shouts “ENGLISH!!!” and lotta xenophobes nod like a bobblehead. People who speak other languages are either terrorists, rapists, criminals, invaders, or whatever evil coming from outside to get you.

2 Likes

Speaking Arabic in public is exactly the same thing as walking around with 20 pounds of TNT strapped to your waist.

We can’t be too careful, you know.

11 Likes

Officer that shadow is following me…

25 Likes

1933: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”

2015: “RUN! Muslin Terriers!”

13 Likes

Now you’ve done it ASDT------
dogs will be on the RWNs ‘fear’ list… with Afghans and Chihuahuas at the top of the list.

5 Likes

OMG! They ate the terrorist’s “baklava” offering!

3 Likes

They’ll buy Freedom Poodles to protect them.

4 Likes

“Officer that shadow is following me…”

“Officer, that Arabic-speaking shadow is following me.” FIFY

You know what makes me uncomfortable? Knuckle-dragging morons like you, fella.

4 Likes

How did that other passenger know Khalil was speaking Arabic? Since he seems to understand Arabic maybe he is the terrorist.
See that was easy.

17 Likes

Don’t know what is worse, being paranoid or flying Southwest.

2 Likes

His ticket clearly had Arabic numerals written on it! Obvious reason for concern!

14 Likes