Discussion: Major Russian Opposition Leader Shot Dead In Moscow Near Kremlin

Discussion for article #233783

shot four times from a passing car

Obviously an accident…

6 Likes

I know I’m shocked.

No really.

5 Likes

President-in-waiting Scott Walker (R-Koch Industries) took notes while nodding in approval.

7 Likes

I saw it happen. I live in Alaska, and we see all kinds of shit from here that happens there.

9 Likes

Yeah cars are dangerous. Why don’t people see that?

2 Likes

Is that you Bill’o?

4 Likes

Indeed, when criminals flee from Russia…where do they go???..To Alaska of course.

It’s good to see that Alaska is still keeping their watchful eye on Russia.

…And I’ve been shot at in my backyard by Russian snipers, too.

4 Likes

Well, maybe this will invigorate the protests against Putin. There will be a lot of pissed off Russians.

5 Likes

Actually it is almost the same air distance Moscow to Anchorage as Moscow-NJ (where I was born/raised many years ago) 4,360-4,600 miles.

Must be short on polonium in Russia. At least they were not so obvious as to assassinate him on Putin’s birthday like they did with Russian Journalist Anna Politkovskaya.

8 Likes

surprise?

Fascinating. 21st Century Russia is beginning to look more and more like the USSR in the 1930’s. The heavy-handed tactics being used against both Putin’s political opponents and perceived enemies like Ukraine, coupled with laughably implausible denials, have a wonderfully Stalinist pong about them, don’t they?

11 Likes

Almost as bad as an old ‘Kremlin Cold.’

2 Likes

I was there in the thick of things. I saw it all happen in pictures.

Dear Knee Jerk Right Wing Nut Jobs,
Is this the Putin behavior that you adore? Is this what you say this country really needs?

7 Likes

At least it makes a change. People who oppose Putin are usually found shot in the entryway of their apartment building.

I feel not at all reassured that Putin himself will lead the investigation. Guess who has a motive to have killed the subject of his own investigation? Think all those police investigators who when told Putin will “lead” their investigation got the message to “uninvestigate” or wind up like the victim?

4 Likes

Yes, they do. This is precisely what a RWNJ with a bunker full of guns and ammo wants to do - gun down all the godless liberals, homos, blacks, hispanics, atheists, etc., etc., etc.

8 Likes