Discussion: Major Newspapers Catch Flack For Not Featuring Hillary Clinton On Front Pages

Aside from substance: It’s “flak,” not “flack.”

7 Likes

Somebody better fax those newspapers and let them know they’re behind the times!

21 Likes

Unbelievable!

Un-fricking-believable!

There’s pics of bill, old berns, I’m surprised that there wasn’t another pic of trump!

10 Likes

It must be very difficult for newspapers to find photos of Hillary Clinton.

21 Likes

I know, right? Unbelievable that so many newspapers dropped the ball on this one - you have to wonder if they’d do it to a “male” presidential nominee.

4 Likes

Bill spoke at 10.
East Coast papers generally start their print runs by 11.
Hillary didn’t appear at the convention - and then only on video - until nearly 11:30.

Heck, it’s unusual to even get all last night’s baseball scores in the early print runs.

It wasn’t sexism. It was logistics.

Don’t worry, she’ll be front page everywhere Friday morning.

4 Likes

All these excuses are whackadoodle. I can clearly remember the Times running a front page photo of Hubert Humphrey when he won the nomination back in '68: It was a stock head and shoulders pic. Because the Times wanted to IDENTIFY the newsworthy person, they ran his picture.

6 Likes

Cleveland Plain Dealer had half page picture of History signs held up before Hillary’s video appearance and a smaller picture of Bill beneath.

4 Likes

Yes, right now I’m very unhappy with the NY Times. They just changed the headline for what was originally an article about the Busters at the convention. So, when you clicked to read the article, you got the original headline about a divisive campaign. Then they just kept the same comment thread, so it was all about Bernie and the Busters and anti-DNC comments, including the most popular comments and the NYT picks. Lastly, they allowed 3 or 4 rabid busters to have every one of their vitriolic comments published, so that every positive comment looked like it was opposed 2 to 1, unless you took the time to notice it was Margaret from Cambridge and the Wine Dude every single time.

The NY Times started the Clinton Derangement Syndrome and continues to find new and inventive way to continue to feed it. They really need to step back and take a good, hard look at themselves and their moderators.

Rant over.

I’m thrilled with Hillary Clinton’s nomination. I like her. I like her policies. I think she will do a great job as POTUS. I’m sure that I will continue to be amazed at her grace in the face of our media and societal sexism and misogyny.

13 Likes

Mommy, what are newspapers?

13 Likes

I’m actually shocked they didn’t have a raging Berniebro’ or Trump on the front pages! They seem to be going out of their way to slight, slam and disparage Clinton.

And BTW…blanket coverage AS WE SPEAK, by the MSM at a Trump presser in Florida attacking Clinton. Just unbelievable.

11 Likes

Never!

Seriously? The newspapers don’t have even one photo of Hillary available? I’m sorry, but that excuse is atrociously lame

12 Likes

Yeah, because they don’t have a “stock” photo of Hillary…

3 Likes

Oh, I just this second wrote almost the same exact comment…great minds!

1 Like

And male!

1 Like

I loved the photo display of all 44 presidents and then the breaking of glass, and there she was.

It was awesome.

4 Likes

My paper, The Albuquerque Journal, does have a small photo of Hillary and one of the NM delegation on the front pageThe title is MAKING HISTORY. I think it should have been a larger section of the front page, but at least it is there.

3 Likes

In many ways I am surprised that they even mentioned the convention… To the MSM this is all about The Dumpster season. The MSM is out looking for every single scrap they can find to try to justify how The Dumpster is legit…

6 Likes