Discussion: Mair: Not 'Personally Equipped' To Give 'Insight Into What Goes On' In Nunes' Mind

Well, Nunes’ mind is a vast empty space so it would not do you any good to go there anyway.

4 Likes

The Donald Trump life lesson play book is now the Republican/GOP Standard: LIE LIE LIE, SUE SUE SUE!
HOW THE HELL IS NUNES STILL IN CONGRESS?

1 Like

I can’t recall any rational behavior by Nunes. Ever.

1 Like

Then I’ll give my insight: he’s a treasonous, hypocritical asshole with the intelligence of shower mildew.

12 Likes

Donald Trump is what is inside Nunes’ mind.

That is Mair is a “never Trump” Republican and so Trump is using his puppet Nunes to go after her in one of Trump’s favorite ways, wasteful and expensive litigation. Or to put another way, Trump (might as well drop the puppet Nunes) is trying to scare off his detractors by suing them even though he has no chance of winning.

7 Likes

So, she’s a Republican political operative? And she’s being sued by a Republican currently holding office? WTF?

I’m hoping the judge is as outraged as most Americans and throws the book at him. It would be fitting if Nunes had to pay opposition legal fees, too

9 Likes

This is absolutely a SLAPP lawsuit:

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition.[1] Such lawsuits have been made illegal in many jurisdictions on the grounds that they impede freedom of speech.

Nunes has filed this lawsuit in a county court in VA. Why VA? Maybe because CA has robust anti-SLAPP laws, as do 28 other states, and this lawsuit wouldn’t make it past the first judge who looked at it. VA enacted a very narrow anti-SLAPP statute in 2015 and strengthened it some in 2017. The “very narrow” part of VA’s statute will probably give this lawsuit a longer run in court than it would be afforded in the majority of states. Here’s hoping that a) this intimidation tactic gets tossed promptly and b) Nunes is hit with a malicious prosecution and attorneys’ fees counter suit.

16 Likes

So he went court shopping? Is this even legitimate? How does this court have jurisdiction?

6 Likes

Devin Gerald Nunes, as part of his master’s degree at Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, CA, wrote:
“Nunes, Devin Gerald. Sunset View West Financial Memorandum. 1996. Print.” (This quote is the exact citation from the library there.)

I had a look at that report, and it’s a coherent piece of work signed off on by a few of his professors. As I recall, it was an analysis of a hypothetical cattle operation, looking at the economics of it. That’s his family business. Anyway, it would be interesting to go to Cal Poly and talk to them and others who knew him back then. What was he like, and what affected his thinking on politics and other things? Anybody know?

3 Likes

What I see with Nunes’ lawsuit is that Devin is still carrying Trump’s water. Trump mentioned during the 2016 campaign that he wanted the libel laws changed, so Devin now being in the minority feels the time is ripe to advance that Trump cause. Plus the added benefit that neither Trump nor Devin understand algorithms, the closing down of Russian bot accounts, and well just to be as shitty Trump since that competent and able Schiff is the new chairman of his committee. Let us not forget that Nunes was sidelined as being the chair of the House Intelligence Committee because…well he was plainly to stupid to even appear like he investigating the interference in the 2016 election. Removed when the House was Republican controlled.

Actually, we are all personally equipped to understand what goes on inside Nunes’ mind— he’s a good old fashioned NUT CASE !

“That boy’s about as sharp as a bowling ball” - F. Leghorn

6 Likes

I wondered the same. Maybe Nunes’ home-away-from-home is in VA? I don’t suppose Twitter is incorporated there? Nope, it’s based in San Francisco. Good question.

1 Like

Because you can get the Okies out of Oklahoma, but you can’t get Oklahoma out of the Okies.

Because what Nunes calls “defamation”, Republican voters call “electability”.

2 Likes

Perhaps explaining what Ms. Mair did to upset Nunes would be helpful…

3 Likes

There is some important context that occurred during the 2016 GOP Primary season. I believe the hostilities took place in Iowa and involved Mair being fired from a gig working for a candidate. It was actually reported here on TPM. But I am not going to look it up.

1 Like

I am sure that there is a serious, boring legal answer and explanation for how the defendants got served with the Complaint. But my eyes light up thinking of the mischief that Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ Cow could play on Devin Nunes’ attorneys poor process servers.

3 Likes