Discussion: Maine Guv LePage Jokes His Re-Election Will Put Columnist On 'Suicide Watch'

Discussion for article #229692

I can see Maine from my porch! Yup, I live in northern NH, three miles from Maine, which I am looking into as I type. Now: Let us pray: That Michaux takes it and that we’ve seen the last of this ugly vicious hurtfulTeabaggin’ thug LePage. Still, it amazes me how many run-down double-wide trailers and trashy old houses I see with LePage signs. Resentment of Blacks and Latinos, Gays and Liberals, and the Educated is a powerful force which Republicans are expert at ginning up.

7 Likes

What a tacky comment. Suicide is not a joke nor should it be a punchline against anyone - particularly coming from a governor of a state.What an awful thing to say. And people laughed? Disgusting.

If LePage wins, he should send a HUGE gift basket to Cutler.

8 Likes

Every single Cutler supporter that I know has told me that they are switching to Michaud. I think once they step into the booth, they will realize that a vote for Cutler is really a vote for LePage and will pull the lever for Mike.

8 Likes

I was hoping Gov. Cochon wanted Nemitz to watch HIS suicide.

1 Like

Help to make LePage’s remark be the political equivalent:

jw1

6 Likes

Because Maine is so overrun with minorities!!! (95.2% white, according to the latest census. I think you may have hit the nail on the head with ā€œeducated,ā€ though.)

1 Like

If the people of Maine reelect LePage as governor…I think they’ll have to put the state on suicide watch.

4 Likes

Maine is one of only two states in the entire country whose lack of health insurance has gone up in the last year, by a hefty 9%. The other state is Christ Christie’s New Joisy. So, obviously the emotionally-stunted, Governor bully-boy was there yesterday to offer Gov. LePuke some props in the election day lead up…like two peas in a pod.

Only an uncaring mental midget like LePage could care less about the overall health of its citizens without making the necessary changes required…like expanding Medicaid under the ACA. Even no-brainers are too tough for LePage’s tiny little cerebrum in that oversized fat head of his. Mainers would have had 10.6% more insured under the Medicaid expansion if they didn’t have such a stubborn uneducated man running that state.

8 Likes

It’s like when Sarah Palin remarked last week that she just might run for public office again – just to piss off liberals.
The modern Republican Party is little more than a national trolling enterprise.

7 Likes

Yep. She did not say she wanted to serve the people or help move the country forward or anything like that - it was just to piss off liberals.

Thanks, McCain. You sure know how to pick’em.

5 Likes

Is it really this close? Really, really??

The US may despise the teabaggers, neocons, phony conservatives, kock puppets and the Republican Party en masse but it’s the voters that decide the direction of the country.
Turning the nauseous gut feelings of what the Republicans do to this country into votes against them and for a lot better is what it is all about. The crazy, fearful right-wing is by far the minority of this country but one of their crazy ideas is that they should rule because they think that they should. Democracy isn’t a concept that they can grasp or allow themselves to. They do vote because that concept they get. That even as the minority, they can get their way by outvoting the less riled.

Voting out of anger and despise isn’t really the master plan but that is where we are at sadly.
Vote because you want good government and vote because you don’t want crazy government.
What I’m saying is, Go vote and take your friends and family with you.

4 Likes

Well, now I’m fantasizing about a Christie/LePage presidential ticket in 2016. And laughing.

2 Likes

Seriously. LePage winning is a boon to someone who is getting spotlight for criticizing him.

Oh, and fuck you, Maine.

1 Like

Hey there, Sniff, we’re not all nuts here. Let’s see how this turns out before we go throwing ā€˜fuck you’s’ around…

8 Likes

Oh, I know that of course. It’s an election day, so my flagon of fuck yous overfloweth. Rest assured that my biggest fuck you goes out to the ole home state of MA for the idiot Dems saddling us with another Chokely debacle and leaving the independents to float right over to Baker.

2 Likes

LaPage is going to lose. The end.

2 Likes

I think Baker loses too.

2 Likes

Honestly, that’s the entire GOP root to nut - that’s the sentiment I see in my FB feed and on twitter, just nasty gloating.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s the same in Pennsylvania. This Corbett snuck in with the '10 wave and it’s been misery ever since. But he’s pretty certain to be history after today and I’d sure like to see Mainers get rid of that ignorant slob LePage as well. All I can say is clowns like LePage and Corbett winning is what happens when sensible people sit home so for Chrissakes VOTE.

3 Likes