Discussion: Louisiana Man Accidentally Shoots, Kills Teen Babysitter While Checking On Kids

Discussion for article #233581

“Adonis Forbes, 25, was planning to stop at home briefly before heading back out for the evening, Baton Rouge police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely told the paper. But while there, he attempted to fix his gun and ended up accidentally firing it, McKneely said.”

Does that strike anyone else as kinda strange?

15 Likes

i could imagine he’s heading out for a night of partying and not discounting the likelihood of a bar fight… and those always end so well when someone’s packing.
so damn sickening to read these kinds of stories.

2 Likes

To be honest, nothing surprises me any more with the gun nuts.

5 Likes

He was going somewhere where he felt he needed to bring the gun? He was showing off to a 13 year old boy his weapon? Really? He ‘needed’ his gun for some reason?

Negligent my ass.

5 Likes

The word “accidentally” has no place here. Negligently is the word I’d chose.

4 Likes

See how safe the home is when Daddy has a gun.

11 Likes

Fixing his gun? More likely showing it off.

3 Likes

sounds like a lot of missing details here

5 Likes

Another gun striking another blow for freedumb.

6 Likes

Given what’s here…there is no way to know if the asshole didn’t just get pissed off and shoot the kid. I doubt he’d fess up if he did given the number of folks that walk after “accidentally” shooting someone to death. At least they busted this guy for something.

2 Likes

Christ, who names their kid Adonis?

2 Likes

Exactly. As I tell my children, there are no accidents, only carelessness.

1 Like

The well-regulated militia strikes again. Sad for the babysitter he chose to watch over such a careless asshole’s children.

4 Likes

Of course they busted him. He’s black.

http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2015/02/accident_shooting_13_baton_rou.html

Anyway this is doubtless the same Adonis Forbes (how many people named Adonis Forbes can there be in Baton Rouge?) who was shot in a gun battle with an unknown assailant a little over a year ago:

http://www.redsticknow.com/2013/10/baton-rouge-crime-news/victim-in-fridays-shooting-near-lsu-expected-to-survive/

No wonder he never goes anywhere without making sure his gun is working.

5 Likes

The kids last words were probably, " I’m telling daddy what you did to me"
So the gun nut defended himself. Dead don’t testify.

1 Like

What do you want to bet this dude walks?

All those “fixing my gun” or much more common “cleaning my gun” at 3:00 AM, are basically @$$holes playing with the gun.

2 Likes

So many candidates, and only 12 months available on the NRA Bumblefuck With a Gun calendar.

2 Likes

He’ll plead accident. Man cleaning the action on his constitutional rights guarantee machine between bar hops, like always, like God and Reagan intended. For no earthly reason, stupid young kid decides to sit his ground right there in the potential line of sprayfire. It was God’s Will.

3 Likes