Discussion: LISTEN: Prosecutors Release Dowd's Voicemail For Flynn Attorney

Lock Dowd up. He was dangling a pardon.

34 Likes

He should have stuck to dangling participles.

27 Likes

I’ll take “Acts of Obstruction” for $1,000, Alex.

30 Likes

Related. Flynn thought his FBI interrogators would be on his side.

33 Likes

Can someone file a complaint with the relevant bar association?

9 Likes

What the hell kind of lawyer leaves something like this on someone’s voicemail, where it is clearly being recorded?

29 Likes

The remarkable thing here is that Dowd didn’t know whether Flynn had any information that could implicate Trump. In other words, he did not assume Trump is innocent.

32 Likes

Well then I guess that old saying is true

7 Likes

One not too bright or in over his head.

14 Likes

Dowd, from the voicemail transcript:
" I understand that you can’t join the joint defense; so that’s one thing. If, on the other hand, we have, there’s information that. … implicates the President, then we’ve got a national security issue, or maybe a national security issue, I don’t know … some issue, we got to-we got to deal with, not only for the President, but for the country. So … uh … you know, then-then, you know, we need some kind of heads up. Um, just for the sake of … protecting all our interests, if we can, without you having to give up any … confidential information."

Notice Dowd’s concerns transition in the message from those of ‘national security’ to his real nitty-gritty concern of ‘protecting all our interests’.

Truly deplorable. Hillary was right.

VOICEMAIL TRANSCRIPT

26 Likes

Voice inflections do make it more daming than just the transcript

25 Likes

We can lock him for that, too.

4 Likes

And three sheets to the wind sounds like.

10 Likes

29 Likes

That’s what Rudy told him, and he believed it.
Of course, the FBI agents were not from the NYC Office that Rudy helped Kompromat when he was Mayor of NYC.

14 Likes

18 Likes

A Trump Skool of Lawz graduate?

10 Likes

Yep…everyone can hear the “this is on the down-low” tone in his voice haha

14 Likes

Quite frankly I am shocked they weren’t.

8 Likes