Discussion: Limbaugh: Why Not Blame 'Hunger Games' For UCSB Killer?

Discussion for article #223236

Why not blame the UCSB killings on a misogynist pedophile who spreads hate? Seems like a more logical connection.

10 Likes

Let’s blame everything but the crazy modern interpretation of the 2nd Amendment by the gun mfrs. and NRA. I, for one, am blaming sunspots today. Tomorrow, the gravitational effects of Uranus.

3 Likes

Hunger Games or no Hunger Games, he still wouldn’t have been able to commit the crimes without access to a gun. Furthermore, I doubt that an inspiring story about the triumph of the human spirit in the face of oppression, featuring an empowered female protagonist, shaped the perversity on display in Elliot Rodgers’ creepy Youtube vids. The talk-radio rantings and ravings of a well-documented misogynist, however, might have had some effect.

2 Likes

Wait, I’m confused. Isn’t The Hunger Games the right wing/NRA’s utopia?

2 Likes

Rush obviously never saw the movie or he’d be cheering for the idea of such a world and competition. Republicans hate younger voters and have their own version of voter suppression/hunger games strategies. Who do these conservative doorknobs think they are fooling?

2 Likes

"What could go wrong here? You’ve got a morbidly obese tallking head hopped up on Oxycontin,” he said. “Who is a hate-spewing gasbag who fuels untold animosity toward ‘the other’,’ and as a side hobby, he takes ED-fueled sex-junkets to Caribbean locales-- where, it’s rumored he purchases the services of underage boys! What could go wrong?!”

A searing case of self-unawareness.

jw1

2 Likes

Oddball movies? It’s not like The Hunger Games was directed by Jim Jarmusch.

1 Like

I don’t understand what he’s saying either. The GOP has gotten so crazy that you can’t even figure out where they are going with some of their statements. This is going to result in new support and votes?

Rush should understand that the only reason he continues to exist is my fear of criminal prosecution for rendering the alternative.

My kids watch old Tom and Jerry cartoons, but I don’t see them running around beating each other with mallets.

Children and other normal people, unlike kkkonservatives, can differentiate between fantasy and reality.

1 Like

Every comment has a 24-hour expiry.
That demographic lacks the grey matter to store for any longer.

jw1

1 Like

Neither the shooter or Limbaugh would have been attracted to a strong woman like the lead charactger. They just want to be laid by a Stepford Wife who has a rich daddy.

1 Like

Well since he didn’t kill his victims with a movie, then I’m going to say guns take more of the blame than film.

2 Likes

I love this game! Can I play? Why not blame Rush Limbaugh? Not only is he a purveyor of hate generally, he is a misogynist specifically. Rush’s misogyny caused the mothers and daughters of southern California to hate Rush and by extension, men generally. This hatred of Rush and all men caused the women in Rodger’s life to spurn him, thus leading to this horrific event. Prove me wrong!

3 Likes

“oddball movies like ‘The Hunger Games,’”

LOL…Well, El Rushbo, let’s apply some Fox News logic here. How many copies of the Hunger Games book/dvd have been sold? How many copies of your latest ‘children’s book’ have been sold?

Hmmm…

Because it’d be stupid, that’s why not.

1 Like

I speak a little Limb-ese. In the Bubble this all just means “Benghazi!!”

Is that clown still pushing twaddle? Clearly the use of logic is too much for Rushbo when good old hyperbole is around.

Yes, it was that Gamma Ray Burster that did it. I have comic based evidence to support my claim.